Academy 1:48 F-86F-30 Sabre USAF
Plastic Model Kit
This is an Academy 1:48 F-86F-30 Sabre USAF Plastic Model Kit. The F-86 saw extensive use during the Korean War, where it was matched up against the feared Soviet designed MiG-15. First flown on October 1, 1947, the F-86 was intended for use as a dive bomber or an escort fighter. A powerful thrust afterburning General Electric J47-GE-17B powerplant, capable of producing 7,500lb of thrust, gave the Sabre the ability to fly at speeds in excess of Mach 1. Combat experience quickly pointed out the Sabre's limited maneuverability, and the F-86F, with new redesigned and lengthend "6-3" wings, was developed. This new version, combined with the superior training and experience of American pilots, allowed the F-86 to regain control of the Korean skies and maintain an enormous advantage over the MiG-15.
• Fully Engraved Panel Lines and Rivet Details
• Highy Detailed Cockpit Interior and Engine Compartment
• Open or Closed Canopy and Machine Gun Bay Options
• Various Under-Wing Weaponry
• 121 Parts Molded in Light Gray
• Removeable Rear Fuselage to Display Detailed GE J-47 Jet Engine Held by Dolly
• Decals for Three Different Aircraft
• Scale: 1:48
• Length: 9.2 Inches (233.68mm)
• Wingspan: 9.3 Inches (236.22mm)
*This is a plastic model kit that requires assembly and painting. Paint and supplies required and are available separately.
|Mfr Part Number||2162|