You have no items in your shopping cart.
Academy 1:72 F6F-3/5 Hellcat U.S.A. Version
Plastic Model Kit
This is an Academy 1:72 F6F-3/5 Hellcat U.S.A. Version Plastic Model Kit. Of the 6,477 Japanese aircraft shot down by US Navy pilots in World War II, 5,156 were accounted for by the F6F Hellcat. Prior to its operational debut in 1943, the Navy Wildcats often were no match for the nimble Japanese Zero-Sen. The Hellcat, with its speed, armor and heavy armament changed all that, becoming the dominant fighter of the era.
A total of 12,275 Hellcats of all varieties were manufactured before production ceased in August 1945. Used in reserve squadrons for many years after 1945, the Hellcats even served in the Korean War as remote-controlled flying bombs against North Korean ground targets. The F6F-5 Hellcat, produced in larger number than any other variant had a wingspan of 13.05 meters, a length of 10.23 meters and a height of 3.99 meters. Its maximum speed was 380 mph at 23,400 feet; landing speed was 88mph. The F6F was armed with six 50 cal machine guns or four 20mm cannon. Two 1,000 pound bombs could be carried under the wings.
• Detailed Parts Molded in Light Gray
• Includes Markings for Two Aircraft: One F6F-3 and One F6F-5.
• Detailed Recessed Panel Line
• Detailed Cockpit
• Accurately Reproduced Engine and Propeller
• Includes Optional Windshield and Exhaust Fairings for F6F-3 and F6F-5 Varients
• Includes Rockets, Bombs and Centerline Drop Tank
• Scale: 1:72
• Number of Parts: 66
• Wingspan: 7 Inches (177.8mm)
• Length: 5-1/2 Inches (139.7mm)
*This is a plastic model kit that requires painting and assembly. Paint, modeling tools and supplies required and are available separately.