You have no items in your shopping cart.
AFX DP01 #3 Tracy Mega-G Car
The Lightest, Fastest, Most Realistic Production HO Slot Cars Ever Made. Period.
The Mega-G chassis makes it possible to create stunning bodies that take realism to levels never before seen in HO scale. In fact it just isn’t possible to make bodies like the Champ Car DP01 on any other chassis. With the longest wheelbase and the lowest, narrowest chassis ever made in 1/64th scale, our designers are free to create the most realistic cars ever. Together with up to 8-color decorations and super quality graphics the new bodies are simply beautiful.
But there’s much, much more! Up to 30% lighter than the competition, Mega-G is easily the lightest chassis you can buy. Add that to the lowest center of gravity and you get a car that is fast and nimble.
Most realistic. Best performance. Fun to drive. What a combination!
• Correctly Proportioned Formula Style Body – First time ever; no one else can do it
• Stunning Detail – Right down to the fuel fillers, multi element wings and BBS style wheels
• Up to 8-color graphics – No one else even comes close
• Officially Licensed by Champ Car – As close as possible to the real thing
• Fastest production chassis ever made – Smokes the competition
This is a completely new chassis that sets a new standard for performance. It is not just faster, it corners better and is more fun to drive.
Check out this laundry list of firsts:
• Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis - Way more fun to drive
• Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made - Much more realistic bodies
• Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors - Corners better than any other chassis
• Wheelbase: Longest available - Better proportioned bodies
• Guide Pin: Exclusive extra long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!) - Car stays in the slot longer
• Unique Monocoque Chassis: Lighter, stronger, out-handles the competition
• Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium - Stays glued to the track
• Pick-Up Shoes: High conductivity phosphor bronze - Gets more power to the motor
• Chassis Material: Nylatron - Super strong and tough
• Motor Armature: Precision Balanced - Revs to the moon, reliably
• Motor Magnets: Polymer (Only AFX has it!) - Up to 20% more powerful than larger ceramic magnets
Champ Car DP01 #3 (PN: 9066), Driver: Paul Tracy, Team: Forsythe Pettit Racing, Sponsor: Indeck
The final year of the Champ Car World Series saw the debut of the stunning new DP01 by renowned race car builder Panoz. The beautiful flowing lines concealed an outstanding performer and all of the teams and drivers were enthusiastic. Early races confirmed the potential of the car which was both reliable and easy to work on.
One of the world’s best known race drivers, Paul Tracy has more wins (31) and poles than any active driver in the series. Among other accomplishments the popular Canadian won the Champ Car World Series Championship in 2003 and 4 Long Beach Grans Prix including 2003 and 2004. The 2007 series started well with a 3rd in the first race but an accident and injury kept him out of the next two events. It wasn’t until late in the season that things started to come together with a win in Cleveland. But it was too late to save his position in the Championship and he finished well down the standings.