You have no items in your shopping cart.
AKA 1:8 Buggy I-Beam Soft
Pre-Mounted on EVO Wheels w/Red Inserts
This is a pair of AKA 1:8 Buggy I-Beam Soft Tires Pre-Mounted on White EVO Wheels with Red inserts. The I-Beam is designed for traditional tracks with a little bit of loose dirt. The larger lugs allow the tire to dig deep for maximum traction when it is needed the most. The center cross split bars give good forward bite and when used on the rear allow the car to rotate better in the turns when this is desired.
• Included: Two pre-mounted I-Beam Soft tires with AKA closed cell inserts on EVO wheels.
• Assembly Quality: AKA Pre-Mounts are all hand assembled using AKA Premium tire glue and are double checked for adhesion quality. There is no doubt we have the best pre-mounts in the industry.
• EVO Wheel: R-Line pre-mounts feature our EVO wheel which is designed to withstand the higher G-loads of modern 1:8 buggies with less deflection without giving up durability. You can also use the optional wheels stiffeners (34003Y or W) to further stiffen the wheel but still have a wheel that is the same weight as a standard wheel.
• Red Insert (Soft): R-Line pre-mounts also feature our new soft red insert. The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
• Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
• Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
• Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it''s a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
• Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.