You have no items in your shopping cart.
AKA 1:8 Buggy / Short Course
Shaped Closed-Cell Inserts - Red (Soft)
This is a set of four AKA 1:8 Buggy / Short Course Shaped Closed-Cell Soft Red Inserts. The soft red insert was designed to decrease the lateral deflection of the tire while at the same time increasing the vertical impact absorption therefore providing better handling in the bumps. Using softer foam or hollowing out the inner circumference like other companies do still leaves the car feeling squirmy and less accurate through the bumps. Not to mention the loss of durability. Gil Losi and Mark Pavidis knew this compromise was not the solution. The solution they found was the addition of lateral grooves to the I.D. of AKA's best in class closed cell inserts. The lateral grooves allow the insert to flex vertically to absorb the large impacts while still maintaining lateral stability and overall durability AKA inserts are known for. No compromises. The result is a more predictable handling car in the harshest track conditions.
Features and Specifications:
• Closed-Cell Soft Compound
• Lateral Grooves Allow Insert to Flex Vertically While Maintaining Lateral Stability
• Durable and Predictable Performance in the Harshest Track Conditions
• Compatible with 1:8 Buggy Tires and 1:10 Short Course Tires
• Includes 4 Closed Cell Soft Red Inserts