Castle Creations Talon 120HV
120 Amp 12S Max HD BEC Brushless ESC
This is a Castle Creations Talon 120HV Brushless ESC. The first entry in the Talon HV Series, Talon HV 120 has the power in all the right places and the looks to match. The first high voltage controller to come out of the Castle factory with a built-in BEC deserves nothing but the biggest BEC we could muster. No more reaching for an external BEC or messing with extra wiring. At the heart of this powerhouse sits a 20A peak BEC with selectable 6v or 8v output voltage. With a voltage input range from 3S to 12S LiPo and a 120A continuous amperage capability, it’s capable of up to 6000W of continuous power for a wide variety of heli and fixed wing applications. Its sleek aluminum case not only ensures your Talon HV stays cool during high power demand situations, but also looks the part while doing it. For those seeking optimum cooling performance, we are offering a 40mm fan accessory - it is recommended for set ups with low airflow, such as under canopies or in a fuselage. In addition, Talon HV users will have access to our industry leading software functions and USB programming capability via Castle Link USB adapter. (Coupon for free Castle Link included).
• High-Voltage Controller with Built-In BEC
• BEC is Capable of 20 Amps Peak** with Selectable 6 or 8 Volt Output Voltage
• ESC is Capable of 6000W Continuous Power
• Aluminum Case (Optional Cooling Fan Availabe for Low Airflow Mounting)
• Built-In 5.5mm Female Bullet Motor Connectors w/5.5mm Male Bullet Motor Connectors Included
• USB Programming Capability Via Castle Link USB Adapter***
• Input Voltage: 3S to 12S LiPo
• Maximum Continuous Amperage: 120 Amps*
• BEC Voltage: 6 or 8 Volts (User Selectable)
• BEC Output: 20 Amp Peak*** / 10 Amp Continuous
• Dimensions: 3.81 x 2.01 x 0.80 Inches (96.8 x 51.1 x 20.4mm)
• Weight (w/Wires): 6.56 Ounces (186g) with 150mm Wires and No Battery Connector
Items Required, But Not Included:
• Battery Connectors
*120 amps for the duration of a single 10,000 mAh battery pack with the ESC in contact with a 5 mph airflow of 25C (77F) or cooler air. Controller temperature must never exceed 100C (212F). Exceeding current or temperature ratings may damage components and may shorten the life of the ESC. Always verify system current draw at full-throttle. Decrease load or increase airflow to decrease the ESC’s operating temperature.
** Peak indicates a current level sustainable for the duration of a typical servo’s transient current loads. Your setup may vary. Always confirm servo current draw before the first flight of the model.
*** Remove BEC Power wire from receiver before connecting to Castle Link.
|Mfr Part Number||010-0131-00|