You have no items in your shopping cart.
Revell 1/125 U99 U-Boat, PL
The Type VII U-Boats, under the command of Admiral Doenitz, were the principle German weapons in the Battle of the Atlantic. In this battle, Germany hoped to cut off the convoy supply lines to Great Britain and force the British to sue for peace. The U-Boats caused great havoc to the Atlantic convoys during the early years of WWII but by the end of 1943 they were outnumbered and outgunned. The Type VIIB U-99 was commanded by Kapitan Kretschmer and sank 44 ships before being sunk herself by the British destroyer "Walker". Most of the crew were taken prisoner.
• Length: 20-7/8"
• 41 parts
• Molded in light grey plastic
• Full hull with detailed propellors and rudder
• Engraved deck detail
• Detailed conning tower, deck gun, & bow planes
• Simple display stand included
• Movable periscopes if desired