Tamiya 1:700 U.S. Navy Battleship BB-61 Iowa
Plastic Model Kit
This is a Tamiya 1:700 U.S. Navy Battleship BB-61 Iowa Plastic Model Kit. With our 1:700 scale Missouri and New Jersey making waves in the modeling world, we've added fuel to the fire with our first ever model of the USS Iowa! This high quality model depicts the Iowa, namesake and first of the Iowa class battleships, as she appeared in WWII.
Commissioned in February 1943, the USS Iowa served briefly in the Atlantic before departing for the Pacific Theater in January 1944. She served mainly to support carrier based airstrikes against Japanese-held islands, protecting said carriers and shelling enemy shore and naval positions. She took part in the Marianas campaign and the Battle of Leyte Gulf, although she missed a chance for a showdown with the Japanese battleship Yamato. After assisting the assault on the Philippines, Iowa took part in the Okinawa invasion as well as supporting air strikes on Kyushu. Together with sister ships USS Missouri and USS Wisconsin, Iowa bombarded industrial cities on the Japanese homeland towards the end of the war.
• Highly Detailed 1:700 Scale Assembly Model of the USS Iowa
• Model Depicts Iowa as She Appeared During the Marianas Campaign in 1944
• Model Accurately Captures Open Bridge, Bow, Observation Deck, Radar Antenna and 20mm Guns on Top of Number 2 Turret
• Left/Right Hull Halves Design Offers Easy Assembly and Ultra-Realistic Finish
• Main Turrets Can Rotate After Completion Thanks to Polycaps
• Equipment and Armament Such as 40mm and 20mm Guns Reproduced in Faithful Detail
• Full Color Finishing Guide Shows How to Paint Measure 32/1B Camouflage
• Kit Includes Detailed Models of Vought OS2U Kingfisher Floatplanes
|Mfr Part Number||31616|