You have no items in your shopping cart.
Hobby Boss 1:72 F-14D Super Tomcat
Plastic Model Kit
This is a Hobby Boss 1:72 F-14D Super Tomcat Plastic Model Kit. The F-14 Tomcat followed a history of "Cats" in the military. The F4F Wildcat and the F6F Hellcat that fought in the skies years before the Tomcat ever bit the air. In the late 1960's, the US Navy dropped its TFX program, and decided to focus on an aircraft dedicated to fleet defense. Grumman had already begun developing the F-14, and was definitely headed for a "Cat" designation. The person responsible for this project was Admiral Tom Conolly, Deputy Chief, Naval Operations for Air. The aircraft was dubbed "Tom's Cat" long before the official name of "Tomcat" was ever adopted.
Features and Specifications:
• Scale: 1:72
• Item Type: Static Assembly Kit
• Length: 10.42 Inches (264.8mm)
• Wingspan: 10.68 Inches (271.3mm)
• Total Plastic Parts: 100+
• Total Sprues: 7 Plus Upper Fuselage and Lower Fuselage
• Includes 2 Clear Parts for Canopy and Windscreen
• Detailed Fuselage and Wing with Accurate Design
• Detailed Landing Gear and Cockpit
*This is a plastic model kit that requires painting and assembly. Modeling tools, paint and supplies required and available separately.