AFX DP01 #14 Doornbos Mega-G Car The Mega-G chassis makes it possible to create stunning bodies that take realism to levels never before seen in HO scale. And now, with the new Mega-G 1.5 chassis, it fits many of our most popular bodies, too. The more powerful motor magnets give you all the speed you need to chase down the baddest of bad guys.
But theres much, much more! Up to 30% lighter than the competition, Mega-G is easily the lightest chassis you can buy. Add that to the lowest center of gravity and you get a car that is fast and nimble.
Most realistic. Best performance. Fun to drive. What a combination! Mega-G CHASSIS
This is a completely new chassis that sets a new standard for performance. It is not just faster, it corners better and is more fun to drive. Check out this laundry list of firsts:
- Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis - Way more fun to drive
- Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made - Much more realistic bodies
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors - Corners better than any other chassis
- Wheelbase: Longest available - Better proportioned bodies
- Guide Pin: Exclusive extra long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!) - Car stays in the slot longer
- Unique Monocoque Chassis: Lighter, stronger, out-handles the competition
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium - Stays glued to the track
- Pick-Up Shoes: High conductivity phosphor bronze - Gets more power to the motor
- Chassis Material: Nylatron - Super strong and tough
- Motor Armature: Precision Balanced - Revs to the moon, reliably
- Motor Magnets: Polymer (Only AFX has it!) - Up to 20% more powerful than larger ceramic magnets
Champ Car DP01 #14 (PN: 9069), Driver: Robert Doornbos, Team: Minardi Team USA, Sponsor: Oz-Jet
The final year of the Champ Car World Series saw the debut of the stunning new DP01 by renowned race car builder Panoz. The beautiful flowing lines concealed an outstanding performer and all of the teams and drivers were enthusiastic. Early races confirmed the potential of the car which was both reliable and easy to work on.
The red on black livery made the Oz-Jet car #14 of Dutchman, Robert Doorbos one of the most striking on the 2007 grid. But this team was not just about looks. Doornbos had been a race winner and Rookie of the Year in his first year in Formula 3000 before testing then racing in Formula 1. Just before the Champ car season started he got the drive with Minardi and was immediately competitive winning two races, the Rookie of the Year and finishing third in the Championship.
|Mfr Part Number||9069|