Heli-Max 1Si w/Camera
Ready-to-Fly Quadcopter w/2.4GHz Radio, LiPo Battery & Charger
This is a Heli-Max 1Si w/Camera Ready-to-Fly Quadcopter. Among all the R/C quadcopters now available, the ready-to-fly 1Si stands out as one-of-a-kind. It's the only one that puts the "intelligent technology" of quads costing six times more into a model that fits in the palm of your hand. This exclusive Heli-Max technology makes the 1Si the easiest compact quad to fly and the most fun. This version with a built-in camera lets you take in-flight photos and videos, too!
• Actual Direction Control:
Actual Direction Control compensates for the control reversal that can frustrate first-time pilots. It keeps flight direction the same as stick movement, regardless of the 1Si's orientation. You can activate and deactivate Actual Direction Control directly from the transmitter so you can always fly how you want, regardless of your skills.
• Return To Pilot:
If you get confused by the controls, lose track of your model, or it's just time to pack it in for the day, the Return to Pilot feature is a great way to get the 1Si back to you fast. Hit the Return to Pilot button and it will come straight back to you.
• TAGs-FX Sensor Fusion Technology:
TAGS-FX continuously keeps you in complete control. Sensor Fusion Technology integrates data received from dual sources - a 3-axis gyro and 3-axis accelerometer - and compensates immediately for any actions except those you command. TAGS-FX corrects unwanted movement in yaw, pitch and roll while also preventing drift in any direction. You're more in control than ever before!
• Includes Camera and 2GB Memory Card:
Features a micro digital camera for taking still photos and shooting video, with on/off control from the transmitter. Save them onto the included 2GB micro memory card with USB card reader.
• Fly Indoors or Outdoors in Light Winds
• Aerodynamic Body Shell Helps Stabilize the 1Si During Hovering and Forward Flight
• Internal Components and Motors are Protected From Hard Landings and Crashes
• Integrated LEDs Allow for Cool Lighted Flight
• Rotor Diameter: 2.2 Inches (56 mm)
• Diagonal Dimension: 4.8 Inches (123 mm)
• RTF Weight (w/Camera): 1.6 Ounces (46g)
• 1Si Ready-To-Fly Quadcopter
• 2.4GHz SLT Transmitter
• Micro Digital Camera
• 2GB Micro Memory Card and USB Micro Memory Card Reader
• 1S 3.7V 350mAh LiPo Battery and USB Charger
• 4 "AA" Batteries for Transmitter
• Extra Rotor Blades
• Rotor Blade Guards
Items Required, But Not Included:
- Correction Heli-Max 1Si RTF Quadcopter w/Camera Review by BillMills
I meant the Heli-Max 1Si RTF Quadcopter w/Camera (Posted on 2/21/14)
- Good... but NOT great! Review by BillMills
- Helimax 1SI quad copter Review by D308
I'm very happy with it and would recommend it.
The weak points that I've found is the battery door falls off after a few uses. The battery is a little tricky to install.
The flight time is reasonable at around 7 minutes. Using the video shortens the flight time. When the battery gets weak it can't recover from a rapid descent without bouncing off the ground first. Then, it climbs again.
It's a keeper and a lot of fun.
Don. (Posted on 2/3/14)
- Great quad with one minor problem Review by Chris
The next day I took it to my job on the docks. Again, there was a mild breeze. I never felt the model was out of control, and the few times a breeze did catch it I was able to compensate immediately. The LEDs are suprisingly easy to see in the daytime and really help with orientation. Daytime video was spectacular from such a little camera. I flew about 80 feet above the dock and got some nice footage. I haven't tried still pictures yet.
However, the absolute direction control didn't seem to work. I'm an experienced enough pilot that I don't need it, but it does need to actually work. That's why I knocked off the fifth star.
Overall, I'm really impressed with it. It does take some experimentation to get the tilt on the camera right for the situation though. (Posted on 1/17/14)