You have no items in your shopping cart.
Hobby Boss 1:48 F-14D Super Tomcat
Plastic Model Kit
This is a Hobby Boss 1:48 F-14D Super Tomcat Plastic Model Kit. The final variant of the F-14 was the F-14D Super Tomcat, first delivered in 1991. The original TF-30 engines were replaced with GE F110-400 engines, similar to the F-14B. The F-14D also included newer digital avionics systems, including a glass cockpit, and replaced the AWG-9 radar with the newer AN/APG-71 radar. Other systems included SJU-17 Naval Aircrew Common Ejection Seats (NACES) and Infra-red search and track (IRST). Although the F-14D was to be the definitive version of the Tomcat, not all fleet units received the D variant. Congress decided not to shut production down and funded 55 aircraft as part of a compromise. A total of 37 new aircraft were completed and 18 F-14A models were upgraded to D-models, designated F-14D for rebuild. An upgrade to the F-14D's computer software to allow AIM-120 AMRAAM missile capability was planned but was later terminated.
• Highly Detailed Plastic Parts
• Finely Detailed Wing, Fuselage, Cockpit, Engines and Landing Gear
• Accurately Detailed Variable Sweep Wing
• AIM-9, AIM-7, AIM-54 Missiles and External Fuel Tanks
• Crew Seats Feature Photo-Etched Seat Belts and Harnesses
• Grooved Rubber Tires
• Two Sets of Decals
• Scale: 1:48
• Type: Static Kit
• Wingspan: 16.02 Inches (407mm) Extended / 9.18 Inches (233.3mm) Swept
• Length: 15.63 Inches (397.2mm)
• Total Plastic Parts: 490+
• Total Sprues: 22 Plus Upper Fuselage, Lower Fuselage and Tires
• Photo-Etched Parts: 1 Set
*This is a plastic model kit that requires painting and assembly. Paint and modeling supplies required and are available separately.