You have no items in your shopping cart.
Hobby Boss F-14B Tomcat
1:72nd Scale Plastic Model Kit
This is a Hobby Boss F-14B Tomcat 1:72nd Scale Plastic Model Kit. The F-14 Tomcat followed a history of "Cats" in the military. The F4F Wildcat and the F6F Hellcat that fought in the skies years before the Tomcat ever took to the air. In the late 1960's, the US Navy dropped its TFX program and decided to focus on an aircraft dedicated to fleet defense. Grumman had already begun developing the F-14, and was definitely headed for a "Cat" designation. The person responsible for this project was Admiral Tom Conolly, Deputy Chief, Naval Operations for Air. The aircraft was dubbed "Tom's Cat" long before the official name of "Tomcat" was ever adopted.
Features and Specifications:
• Scale: 1:72
• Type of Model: Static Kit
• Length: 264.82mm (10.42in)
• Wingspan Swept: 155.5mm (6.12in)
• Wingspan Straight: 271.35 (10.68in)
• Total Plastic Parts: 100+
• Total Sprues: 7 Plus Upper Fuselage and Lower Fuselage
• Includes Decals for VF-143
• Detailed Fuselage and Wing with Accurate Design
• Detailed Landing Gear and Cockpit
• Assemble with Swept Wing or Straight Wing
*This is a plastic model kit. Paint and modeling tools not included. Model must be assembled and painted.