You have no items in your shopping cart.
HPI D8S 1/8 RTR 4WD Nitro Buggy
World Champion Quality in an RTR Package
The D8S combines everything you can want for top-level buggy racing into one convenient package - just add fuel and batteries and get on the track!
With the World Championship-winning heritage behind the HB D8 combined with the ready to run flexibility of HPI radio gear and the bulletproof Nitro Star F3.5 engine, you can easily get the best of both worlds as soon as you open the box. Race-proven by World Champions and backed by HPI, you can't go wrong with the HPI D8S.
Because the D8S chassis and suspension parts are exactly the same as the HB D8, the D8S is ready to upgrade with Atsushi Hara Edition parts from HB!
2.4 GHz Radio System
All of the latest HPI kits are now fitted with the comfortable and feature-packed HPI TF-40 2.4GHz radio system for supreme control and confidence! The radio features a pistol-grip design with drop-down steering wheel, 3 channel functionality, easy carry handle, fold-down aerial, end point adjustments, servo reversing and steering dual rate. It's also extremely lightweight due to it requiring only four AA batteries.
The HPI TF-40 radio system uses the latest digital 2.4GHz radio technology to give you trouble-free, total control of your RC car! You will be able to confidently drive your HPI kit with other drivers without worrying about things like frequencies or radio conflicts. This is a fully-featured, lightweight, 3-channel radio with advanced ergonomic features and total adjustability.
Set the radio up for your car with custom features like servo reversing, center trim, end point adjustments, dual rate and more. Only 4 AA batteries are required to power the TF-40, so it's light in your hands, and the drop-down steering wheel makes it comfortable to hole. With the adjustable, built-in failsafe feature, you will even be protected just in case the radio batteries run out of power or become disconnected.
TF-40 Radio Features Summary
• Digital 2.4GHz technology
• Run your HPI kit with other drivers without worrying about frequencies!
• Adjustable built-in failsafe
• 3 channel
• Drop-down steering wheel design for improved comfort and racer feel
• Servo end point adjustments for steering and throttle
• Servo reversing
• Steering dual rate
• Centre trim (steering and throttle )
• Light weight (only 4 AA batteries required)
World Champion Design
The D8S is a 'race roller' version of the HB D8, making it the perfect way to jump into nitro buggy racing! With the design and capability of the World Champion D8 as its foundation, the D8S is your introduction to race-winning glory!
Powerful F3.5 Racing Engine
Driving the D8S forward is the F3.5 engine, which has been an extra-strong engine fitted in Savage monster truck and Trophy buggy kits for many years. The F3.5 is equipped with a pullstarter for easy starting without an expensive starter box, and it can also be started using a starter box for twice the convenience. For maximum power, the F3.5 is fitted with an aluminum tuned pipe for plenty of wheel-spinning torque off the line and loads of top speed at full RPM!
The D8S is fully equipped and ready to race. With the TF-40 radio, you can adjust everything you'd expect on more expensive computer radios. The SB-5 steering servo is extra-powerful to handling full-throttle race conditions, which means it can handle the punishment of steering the wheels at full speed, the ultimate test of a servo's strength.
Easy to Remove Radio Tray
Aiding clean-up of the chassis at the end of the race day is the easily removable radio tray, just a few screws takes all the electronics out of the chassis to keep fluids and water away from expensive servos, receiver, etc. We know racers like to get dirty, but a clean car is a happy car! (Note: Servos shown in picture are for illustrative purposes only.)
HB Composite Chassis Braces
Strong composite chassis braces connect the front and rear bulkheads to the middle of the chassis for extra rigidity. Special composite material is used for extreme light weight, helping to enhance the driving feel, acceleration and braking of the car.
With the race-winning suspension design and features of the D8 on board, you will experience a pure driving feel and total adjustability like never before! Tune the D8S to your driving style and track conditions with the aid of the full range of adjustments: shock position, oil, springs, roll center, wheelbase, camber, sway bars and more! the front suspension features a long list of features, including the HB Inverse Steering Block Design, adjustable roll center, thick turnbuckle links, aligned king pin and universal joint pivots, sway bar, steel turnbuckles and HB's own counter-rotating shock mount screws.
Reliable Rear End
At the rear end, the D8 has everything you'd expect from an all-out competition kit, with optional hinge pin holes for the uprights, adjustable roll center, thick turnbuckle links, aligned king pin and universal joint pivots, sway bar, steel turnbuckles and HB's own counter-rotating shock mount screws.
HB's Unique Solid Suspension Arms
The D8 solid suspension arms prevent mud build-up and also stop rocks from binding the suspension. The exact compound of composite material used is a Team HB secret, and was developed over months of testing in wet and dry racing conditions. Each suspension arm also features handy travel-limiting droop screws to allow you extra tuning ability when you're up against the clock and the competition.
The D8S steering system uses thick anodized aluminum steering bar and thick steel turnbuckles to guide you through the pack during a race. Steel screws, locking nuts and sturdy nylon steering arms and turnbuckle links complete the steering. A hand-adjustable servo saver provides extra peace of mind for your steering servo, and four sealed ball bearings let the steering glide effortlessly in the muckiest of conditions.
HB D8 Big Bore Shocks
The HB Big Bore shocks are MASSIVE - at 16mm across, they are among the biggest shocks you can find on any racing kit. With rubber boots, hard-anodized bodies and threaded adjustments, they have all the standard features you'd expect from any top-level competition kit.
High Efficiency Shaft 4WD Drivetrain
The D8S is equipped with the World Champion drivetrain straight out of the D8 buggy - three oil-filled gear diffs with spiral-cut gears, full-time shaft 4WD drivetrain supported by rubber-sealed ball bearings, high-strength steel driveshafts and axles and much more!
Easy-Tune Dual Brake Disc Setup
Controlled braking ability is provided by the front and rear, individually adjustable brakes. Constructed of thick fibre and drilled for low rotating mass and extra cooling ability, the brakes are extremely powerful without being too 'grabby'. They're also extremely easy to tune because of the accessible linkage.
Built to Last - Without E-Clips!
The suspension mounts front and rear are machined from sturdy aluminum and anodized to match the chassis and steering plate. A steel screw and washer hold the suspension hinge pins firmly in place so you don't have to worry about them falling out on the track.
• Ready to Race version of the World Champion D8 buggy
• Fitted with Nitro Star F3.5 engine
• TF-40/RF-40 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system with failsafe and drop-down steering wheel
• Powerful SB-5 steering servo
• SF-10W waterproof throttle/brake servo
• 4mm 7075 aluminium chassis with centralized weight balance
• Easy radio tray removal for maintenance and cleaning
• Composite chassis braces for extra driving feel
• Lightening cut-outs under servos, engine and clutch bell
• Tough oil-filled gear differentials
• Spiral-cut diff gears for extra durability
• Dual fiber disk brakes with easy-access adjustable linkage
• Secure forward-mounted receiver & battery box
• Unique HB solid suspension arms
• Silicone oil-filled HB Big Bore shocks with threaded aluminium bodies
• HB Inverse Steering Block Design front end
• Thick steel turnbuckles
• Total adjustability: roll centre, wheelbase, camber, sway bar and more
• Top quality HB racing wheels and tires
• Aluminium shock towers have multiple shock mounting positions
• Quick access to all critical maintenance points
• Dual bellcrank steering with aluminium drag link
• Cam type servo saver
• Large fuel tank with internal baffles
• Fuel tank clunk helps engine stay running if car is upside-down
• All socket head hardware
• Full set of rubber-sealed ball bearings
• Length: 500mm
• Width: 305mm
• Height: 179mm
• Wheelbase: 320mm (adjustable)
• rack Width Front/Rear (from center of tires): 260mm
• Tyres: 40mm wide x 110mm (outer diameter), 80mm inner diameter
• Engine: Big Block 3.5cc (.21 cubic inches)
• Drivetrain: Full-Time Shaft 4WD
Required (but not included)
• 4 AA Batteries for transmitter
• 4 AA Batteries for receiver pack
• Nitro Car Fuel
• Fuel Bottle
• Glow Plug Igniter
• Battery Charger