Quad Copter RTF
Alias is a clean-sheet design that focuses on the performance and design elements that make flying, and even learning to fly, fun. The first mission objective was durability. Alias is built around a unique molded-composite frame that is combined with clever high-tech construction to make it extremely light and virtually indestructible. Your flying fun goes on and on without worrying about breakage from crash damage. The next mission was performance. Fun always comes from having more power so Alias' motors have 50% more power than standard motors, and when combined with the lightweight design and high-tech materials, Alias is lightning quick and ultra-responsive. A completely new flight control system was developed that provides unmatched 6-axis stability that works in the background without impacting performance and speed. It acts like a virtual spring that snaps Alias back to level controlled flight no matter what situation you find yourself in. New pilots can fly faster and perform aerobatic maneuvers sooner than they ever thought possible with Alias' unique flight control system.
• Fast and fun!
• Quad-rotor thrust with auto-leveling 6-axis flight system
• Three customizable flight modes: Easy, Fast, Expert
◦ Easy Mode – Auto-leveling with limited flight angle
◦ Fast Mode – Auto-leveling with more aggressive flight angles and one-button flips, rolls, and twists
◦ Expert Mode – Disables auto-leveling, fully adjustable rates, perform manual maneuvers, and one-button auto-leveling recovery
• Crash-proof, virtually indestructible design!
• Integrated high-intensity LED optics light the way for increased night visibility
• Four high-output motors – 50% more power than standard motors
• Colorful and interchangeable rotor blades, LED lenses, and canopies
• 2.4GHz multi-mode transmitter eliminates frequency conflicts
• Telemetry-enabled battery fuel gauge
• Exciting push-button aerobatics in Fast Mode
◦ Perform one-button 3D flips, rolls, and twists
• Includes a high-capacity 650mAh LiPo battery for long flight times
• USB-powered, high-output fast battery charger
• Hex hardware
• Soft-compound rubber feet
• Perfectly balanced precision rotors
• Top-mounted drivetrain
• Sleek and innovative design
• High-tech molded frame
• Molded two-piece, two-color canopy
• Multiple flight modes for first-time fliers and expert pilots
• Quickly master stable hovering and flight in Easy Mode
• Full line of genuine LaTrax accessories available
• Backed by unparalleled LaTrax support and parts availability
• 100% fully assembled and Ready-To-Fly
2.4GHz Transmitter Features
• Reliable 2.4GHz control
• Low battery indicators for transmitter and helicopter receiver
• Electronic trim controls
• Digital trim indicators
• Internal antenna
• LCD display keeps you informed
• Interchangeable control sticks and thumb pads
• Traxxas Link model memory stores up to 10 models
Auto-Leveling Six-Axis Flight System
Alias is equipped with unique, proprietary flight control software that delivers full six axis control. The flight system acts like a virtual spring that always snaps the Alias back to level flight when the controls are released. With the system in Easy mode, anyone can quickly master hovering and flying — just minutes after takeoff! The software was finely tuned to work transparently in the background to add fun and stability to flight while still maintaining Alias' quick, responsive control and connected feel with the pilot.
Three Flight Modes
Alias is equipped with 3 flight modes. Easy mode takes full advantage of the auto-leveling flight control software for rock-solid stability. In Easy mode, flight angles are limited to keep the speed in check while new pilots are developing their skill. In Fast mode, the auto-leveling flight system is still working for you, but Alias' full speed potential is unlocked, along with the ability to perform exciting aerobatic flips, twists, and rolls at the press of a button. Expert mode disables the auto-leveling flight software to give the pilot full manual control. Alias shines in Expert mode with responsive, linear control that will satisfy veteran pilots. Alias can even help developing pilots to sharpen their skills without worrying about crash damage or breakage before moving on to costly, pro-level helis.
The LaTrax Alias includes four independently controlled, high-output motors — with 50% more power than standard motors. This extra power gives the Alias impressive quad-rotor thrust for performing high-speed flight maneuvers. Directional control is easy to achieve by varying the power and thrust from each motor. The high-mounted drive system elevates the props and the gears preventing them from getting tangled in grass and other surface debris when the Alias is swooping down near the ground.
Exciting Push-Button Aerobatics
The high thrust, low weight, and incredibly responsive control of the LaTrax Alias allow you to perform amazing maneuvers with just a press of a button and a flick of the stick. These maneuvers typically take pilots hours of flight time to perfect, and LaTrax makes them available to you right out of the box. They can be performed in succession for impressive freestyle air shows.
Flips and Rolls: Alias is programmed to perform single flips and rolls by simply pressing a button and moving the flight stick in the direction you want to flip or roll. Forward or back flips, left or right rolls, and even diagonal flips are possible. Alias can even be programmed to perform 3 or even 5 flips or rolls at a time and recover to level flight.
Twister: Alias will rotate around its center axis (yaw) while still maintaining a virtual heading lock and normal flight control. This is an extremely difficult maneuver that even veteran pilots struggle to perform. Alias does it at the press of a button while you continue to fly normally.
Expert Mode: For all of you pro pilots out there, turn up the rates to their maximum settings in Expert mode, and attempt all these maneuvers manually. Alias lets pro pilots push their skills to the limit without fear of costly breakage from crashing. Alias has the durability, power, and responsiveness to grow your skill as you become a quad-rotor ace.
LiPo-Power for Maximum Flight Time
To maximize flight time and fun, Alias includes a 650mAh LiPo (Lithium Polymer) battery pack. LiPo is the best technology for Alias, delivering high-current output and plenty of capacity in a compact lightweight package. Flight times as long as 15 minutes are possible. Battery installation is simple; just slide the battery into the slot, plug it in, and tuck the connector into the special clip.
|Mfr Part Number||6608|
- Fun Fun Fun..... Review by pvken
- 5 stars not enough Review by SoCalChris
- 5 stars not enough Review by SoCalChris
- Stock Motors: suggest replacment/upgrade Review by Keith
Please note: if you call Alias they are very helpful - I did call them and was sent one CW and one CCW motors at NO COST. So it's hard to fault their customer service.
I have had another motor fail after about 20 flights - and it 'appears' that 'faulty' motors seems to be an issue when you read various forums.
I found a website that sells 'upgrade' motors for the Alias: (Micro-Motors) and even with these motors please note: factory motor upgrades only rate these types of motors for about 5 to 6 hours of use! Considering each 'flight' lasts about 6 to 8 minutes - doing the math here - it 'seems' that you should expect to get at least 50 to 60 'flights' out of a motor before it goes bad.
That being said: hey - just replace all 4 motors (so you don't suffer a catastrophic crash) and plan on spending about $40 after 50 or sixty flights to put in new motors! (Or just wait till one burns out I guess).
Lastly: the camera that you can add to the Alias is 'not bad' for taking still photos - but don't expect very good quality videos - video is very poor since it's extremely hard to isolated vibration to the camera body.
The Alias feels and flies 'heavy' when mounted with the camera due to the weight - but it is still responsive and fast even with the camera. (Posted on 1/25/15)
- Great Product Review by Clint
- Great Quad for the Money Review by Quadflyer
The quad flies great for its size and inspires me to fly hard and aggressive. When I first got the Alias, I would fly in fast mode but now I stay in expert mode most of the time knowing I can save it from a crash by switching to normal mode with the press of a button. (Posted on 11/4/14)
- One of the best Review by Gliderdave
- BAD MOTORS Review by dkayl14
- Motors failed after 20 min! Review by Bill
You can't even return this to Hobby People because Traxxas exclusively handles all claims. There is a sticker on the box that says Hobby People will NOT honor any warranty or claims. That is probably because so many of these are failing! HUGE waste of money! (Posted on 8/17/14)
- motors Review by motorhead
- Easy to fly. Review by joe
- Fun and easy to fly Review by Jason
The motors do seem to be a bit of a problem. I've had a couple go out already. Traxxis is replacing them but they've been ouit of stock (Posted on 3/10/14)