Check items to add to the cart or select all
Traxxas Slash 2WD Truck
Short Course Truck w/ 7-Cell Battery, Charger
The Traxxas Slash brings all the action home so you can experience the high-speed head-to-head competition at the track or in your own backyard. The Slash was inspired by the CORR (Championship Off-road Racing) Pro-2 class. The Pro-2 class specifies rear-wheel drive trucks purpose-built to fly over jumps and rip full-throttle through the turns. The Traxxas Slash hangs it out for an all new way to challenge your driving skills. The 4-wheel independent suspension has been carefully tuned to replicate the Pro-2 driving and handling experience as closely as possible. The scale appearing tires provide just the right amount of bite and thick, blinding clouds of dirt roost.
MODEL 5803: Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race, with TQ radio (not TQi), XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control and ProGraphix painted body, 7-cell battery and included optional 23-tooth pinion gear. Colors may vary.
Traxxas Skill Level 1.
*Bodies vary. To ensure you get the Slash you want, it is recommended that you visit your local hobby store.
Traxxas 2.4GHz TQ (not TQi) Radio System Features:
• 2.4GHz Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) clarity and control
• Exclusive Traxxas Link automatic model recognition (patent pending)
• Cross-bind up to 20 Traxxas Link enabled transmitters and receivers for worry-free model management.
• High-output signal for maximum range
• Simple two-button programming interface:
• Steering and throttle sensitivity (Expo)
• Steering and braking dual rate
• Steering and throttle end points
• Steering and throttle sub-trim
• Programmable multi-function knob
• Integrated fail-safe security
• Fast 13ms frame rate and 4-17ms latency provides instant response and precise control
• 5-channel receiver with 2 steering inputs for dual servo systems
• Two-color status LED
• Requires only 4 AA batteries
• Comfortable ergonomic design
• Programmable through your iPhone (not included)
Traxxas Power Cell Batteries
Traxxas Power Cell Battery Packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells with flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and the Traxxas high-output gold-plated high-current connectors. Precise assembly with attractive individually-wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the package.
When the racing action cools down, the Traxxas Slash is well-equipped to tackle all of your off-track driving adventures. The long travel suspension and oil-filled shocks easily absorb jumps and rough terrain. The unique chassis design provides huge center ground-clearance to drive over deep ruts, rocks, and other obstacles that leave ordinary R/C trucks stuck. The tires use advanced tread design and sophisticated rubber compounds to provide incredible grip off-road with enough versatility to also perform well on concrete and asphalt. The fenders cover the tires so you bang against your driving buddies without getting tangled up. The patent pending Revo-spec Torque-Control slipper clutch design delivers smooth operation, precise adjustment, and consistent traction control. The bellcrank steering system virtually eliminates bump steer for precise handling and control. A digital steering servo delivers lightning fast response.
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts with the release of their exclusive watertight, sealed electronics in the E-Maxx that provided the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldnt have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Slash is only the second Ready-To-Race model ever to come equipped with this brand-new technology. The new XL-5 electronic speed control and the mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have though possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Slash. The battery compartment makes it easy to install batteries and the clever design makes it quickly adaptable for either 6 or 7-cell running (hump packs or stick packs).
The Titan 12T 550 modified motor is designed for incredible mod-motor power output with virtually maintenance-free operation, and long-lasting performance. The Titan 12T 550 motors integrated cooling fan pulls air through the motor to keep temperatures down. Airflow is routed through vent tunnels molded in the motor plate. A cooler-running motor equates to faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life.
The XL-5 Electronic Speed Control offers high current handling, EZ-Set one-button setup, and smooth high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, thermal-shutdown protection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. As todays batteries store more and more energy inside their cells, traditional battery connectors could no longer keep up. The included Traxxas High-Current Connector opens the door for unrestricted current flow.
Traxxas exclusive patent-pending Training Mode lets everyone get in on the racing action. Just press a button to limit full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the mighty Titan 12T motor. The Slash is perfect for drivers at all experience levels. Training mode even makes it easy to hand the transmitter over to your friends who have never driven a radio controlled truck before.
The Traxxas Slash is built for extreme Velineon brushless horsepower (sold separately). Simply bolt it in and 7-cell speed jumps to 40+mph. Add 11.1V LiPo batteries and you have the potential to double your speed. Bigger roosts and longer hang-time are right at your fingertips. The included steel transmission gears, full ball bearings, and high-quality metal turnbuckle links are the winning setup for brushless durability. The factory-installed planetary differential is Traxxas-tough with hardened steel gears that never need adjusting! Perfect for long-lasting, all-day fun. Accessory battery hold-downs are available for use with large capacity Lipo battery packs* that can extend speed and run time. Compare the durability and features to others and youll see that only Traxxas makes them truly brushless ready.
100% Fully Assembled and Ready-To-Race
The Traxxas Slash model 5803 comes fully-assembled and Ready-To-Race with the TQ (not TQi) radio system installed and adjusted, XL-5 power system, a painted and decaled body, glued tires, and detailed instructions.
Over 30 mph with your 7-cell battery and included optional 23-tooth pinion gear.
* The installed XL-5 does not provide low-voltage detection for LiPo battery packs. Consult your hobby dealer for add-on solutions that will allow LiPo usage with the XL-5. Batteries sold separately.
• Includes TQ (not TQi) 2.4G Radio System w/Traxxas Link, Power Cell 3000mAh NiMH 8.4v battery pack, and charger!
• ProGraphix multi-colored painted body is available in red and blue themes as well as two officially licensed (paint and graphics) race replica versions: Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg Edition (Amsoil) & Rick Huseman Edition (Fabtech)
• Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
• The Slash reaches speeds in excess of 30mph using the included optional 23-tooth pinion gear*
• Powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan
• Race in dirt, mud, water, and snow thanks to Traxxas innovative water-sealed electronics
• XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
• Innovative watersealed design
• High current handling
• Smooth high-frequency control
• EZ-Set push-button setup
• Thermal shutdown protection
• Integrated on-off button
• Three easy-to-program drive profiles
• High efficiency MOSFET transistors
• Equipped with Traxxas High-Current Connectors
• Backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty
• Traxxas High-Current Connector
• Digital high-torque waterproof steering servo
• 125 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second speed
• O-ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
• Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
• Long-wheelbase fiber-composite monocoque chassis
• 13.2 inch wheelbase
• Over 3.5 inches of ground clearance
• Easy access battery compartment
• Adjustable battery hold down accepts 6- and 7-cell flat packs and 7-cell hump packs
• Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
• Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
• New body mounts incorporate reinforced washers for additional body support
• Efficient Magnum 272 metal-gear transmission with ball bearings
• Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
• Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
• External gear cover with easy slipper access
• Reliable composite planetary gear differential with a steel ring gear
• Heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
• Adjustable steel Jato-Style turnbuckles and captured rod ends
• Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
• Precision hex hardware throughout
• Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
• Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
• Progressive rate white powder coated shock springs feature a race-tuned responsive spring rate
• Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
• The tires include performance foam inserts and they come glued on satin-finish 2.2in Slash wheels
• Length: 22.36 inches (568mm)
• Front Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
• Rear Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
• Weight: 76.2oz (2.16kg)
• Height (overall): 8.425 inches (214mm)
• Wheelbase: 13.2 inches (335mm)
• Front Shock Length: Long
• Rear Shock Length: XXLong
• Front Tires: Slash 2.2
• Rear Tires: Slash 2.in
• Front Wheels: 2.2in Satin-Finish
• Rear Wheels: 2.2in Satin-Finish
• Speed Control Type: Waterproof XL-5 ESC
• Motor (electric): Titan 12T 550 (12-turn)
• Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 12.58)
• Differential Type: Steel Composite Planetary
• Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
• Transmission: Metal Gear Magnum 272
• Steering: Bellcrank
• Chassis Type: Modified Tub
• Chassis Material: Composite Nylon
• Top Speed: 30+mph
• Skill Level: 1
XL-5 (Watersealed) ESC Specifications
• Input voltage: 4-8 Cells (4.8 to 9.6 Volts DC)
• Case Size: 1.23in W x 2.18in D x 0.61in H
• Weight: 2.44 Ounce
• Motor Limit: 15-turns (540 Size) 12-turns (550 Size)
• On Resistance Forward: 0.007 Ohms
• On Resistance Reverse: 0.014 Ohms
• Peak Current - Forward: 100A
• Peak Current - Reverse: 60A
• Braking Current: 60A
• Continuous Current: 14A
• BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
• BEC Current: 1A
• Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 5in
• Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 9in
• Transistor Type: MOSFET
• PWM Frequency: 1600 Hz
• Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
• Profile selection:
• Sport Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV
• Race Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV
• Training Mode: 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV
• Single-button setup: Traxxas EZ-Set