Pro-Peak Warrior EQ
200 Watt / 10 Amp DC Multi-Charger
Charge Fast, Charge Right, Charge to WIN. The Warrior EQ is the charger for high-performance, high-capacity battery packs. The 200 watt output means that you can charge a 2S Li-Po car pack or even a 5S 5000mAh Li-Po aircraft pack at a full 10 Amps and do it safely with the included balance charge function and Temp Sensor function. No more waiting for hours to charge a big Li-Po. The Warrior EQ will do more too. Li-Fe, Li-Ion, Ni-Cd, N-MH, Pb/Lead-Acid batteries can all be safely charged, conditioned, stored, and/or cycled with this very powerful and versatile charger.
• Charge Fast and Safely with This Very Accurate Charger
• Charge Just About Every Battery Type Common in the Hobby Today
• Includes Detailed User's Guide That Explains all Functions
• Can Cycle, Condition, and Set the Battery for Correct Storage Condition
• Includes Common Balance Tap Type Plugs. Other Taps Available Separately
• Programming is Easily Achieved Through the Four Push-Buttons on the Top of the Charger
• 5 Programmable Memory Files so You can Save Custom Settings for the Batteries You Charge Most
• High-Quality Metal Case with Heat-Sinks and Cooling Fan
• Input Voltage Range: 10.0 ~ 18.0v DC
• Circuit Power: Charge 200 Watts (Maximum) / Discharge 25 Watts
• Charge Current: 0.1 Amps ~ 10.0 Amps
• Discharge Current: 0.1 Amps ~ 5.0 Amps
• Current Drain (for Balancing): 200mAh/Cell
• Charge 1 ~ 18 Ni-CD or NiMH Cells
• Charge 1 ~ 6 Li-Po or Li-Fe Cells
• Charge 2v ~ 20v Lead Acid Battery
• Warrior EQ Charger
• DC Power Clips
• Wiring Harness
• XH and TP Balance Adapters
• Temperature Sensor
• User's Guide
- Falls short of promises Review by TDFlyer
The new one seemed to charge faster than it should for the ma set on charger. .100amp for a 1000ma NiCad pack. I built a test harness to check the actual current and found the .100 amp setting was actually charging at .170amp.
I was planning on forming some new Hobby People 1200 ma NiMh that specifies an initial charge rate of 120ma for 14 to 16 hours. I decided to use my old Ace charger instead since it is accurate.
Some might say it isn't a big deal but a 70% error out of the box is way too much for me. I called Hobby People and talked with the tech about it. He said there wasn't anything he could do since they don't work on them at all. Nor is a schematic available to see if there is a potentiometer that can be adjusted to correct the error.
A check while charging a 800ma 3s LiPo showed the actual charge rate was .88 amp when set for a .8amp charge rate and .77amp when set for a .7amp charge rate. So I will use .7amp to charge the pack at a C/10 rate. Not a big deal when charging at C/10 but could cause a problem for somebody charging at a 5C rate.
(Posted on 8/18/11)
- Excellent charger Review by Mike B
- Great Charger Review by Leonard Kearfott
- Wonderful Charger! Review by Paul Lee
Time to get rid of my other two backup chargers and replace them with a couple more Warriors. (Posted on 12/1/10)