Traxxas NHRA Funny Car 1/8 Brushless RTR 2.4 TQi Radio
Experience the Speed, Power, and Adrenaline of NHRA Drag Racing in 1/8 Scale!
The Traxxas Ford Mustang NHRA Funny Car Race Replica brings it all to life the Traxxas way with outrageous horsepower, intense speed, and the unmatched realism and authenticity that only comes from being both fans and dedicated participants in NHRA drag racing. The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car accurately captures the total racing experience with realistic staging action on the start line. After your burnout, shake up your opponent by being the last one to roll into the stage beam. When the lights go green, release the Launch Control for a perfect reaction time. You've already set your wheelie bar and used the multi-function knob on your transmitter to fine-tune the launch for maximum traction and acceleration. From there, it's up to you to keep it full throttle down the track and across the finish line.
Off the track, the realism continues with tilt-up licensed bodies developed from the full size CAD drawings, tube style chassis, super-sticky belted slicks, and accurate detailing. The front latch eliminates body clips for fast access to the battery compartment. The full suspension system is engineered to give the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car the ability to handle the ruts and bumps of real world track surfaces. Combined with the Traxxas DTS-1 Drag Timing System (sold separately) and the Traxxas Link application on your TQi Docking Base (all sold separately), Traxxas drag racing becomes a full-on simulation with timing so accurate, races are won and lost by a millisecond.
Realistic "Tube" Chassis
The steel, welded-tube construction of the full-size John Force Racing Funny Cars is replicated by the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car's gleaming black-chrome chassis. Details including the front-mounted fuel tank (non-functional, of course) and driver's roll cage give the Funny Car authentic looks to match its realistic performance. The wheelie bar is a functional tuning aid that helps the Funny Car transfer weight to the rear wheels for a perfect launch.
Over-The-Top Brushless Horsepower
NHRA Funny Cars are famous for their fire-breathing 8000 horsepower engines that deliver massive thrust and propel them to speeds over 300mph in just 4-seconds. When the light goes green, the new ET-3s brushless power system responds in an instant and unloads a massive blast of Extreme Power™ that rockets the Traxxas Ford Mustang NHRA Funny Car to the finish line. Traxxas' exclusive Staging Mode (patent pending) allows the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car to creep into the stage beams of the DTS-1 timing system (sold separately) allowing you to execute authentic starting line strategy against your opponent.
The Traxxas Ford Mustang NHRA Funny Car backs up its real-racing looks with genuine Funny Car performance. Install a Traxxas Power Cell 3-cell LiPo pack and the Funny Car rips off the line with tire-spinning torque. Stay in the throttle and top speed leaps to 70mph--and beyond. The body's fully functional aerodynamic design and high-downforce rear wing let you put power down like the pro's with spectacular launches and exciting speed.
ET-2400 Brushless Motor
The Traxxas Funny Car's ET-2400 brushless motor is designed specially for maximum performance and reliability with the innovative ET-3s speed control. There are no brushes to wear out, so you can dial in consistent times and blazing speed, pass after pass. High-grade bearings deliver maximum efficiency, and high-strength Neodymium magnets give the Funny Car incredible off-the-line torque. The aluminum motor can is finned to act as a massive heatsink and etched with the Traxxas logo for an extra dose of style.
Exclusive Burnout, Staging, and Race Modes
The Traxxas Funny Car's patent-pending Throttle Mode system makes the Funny Car driving experience as authentic as the car's styling. Burnout mode delivers full-power, linear throttle control to warm the tires as you hold the Funny Car in position and "smoke" the tires. Flip the switch to Stage Mode for ultra-precise low-speed control to creep up to the start line or into the DTS-1 timing system's stage beams (DTS-1 sold separately). Flip to Race mode, and the throttle delivers your pre-set torque settings--turn torque down when traction is low, dial it up for high-bite conditions.
Launch Control Switch
The patent-pending Launch Control system lets you set the amount of torque you need to suit available traction. Set the Launch Control switch to "hold" and mash the throttle. When the light goes green, drop the switch to instantly deliver full throttle with your torque settings for a perfect jump off the line.
Telemetry-Ready 5-channel Micro Receiver with Fail-Safe Security
The TQi 2.4GHz micro receiver features Traxxas Link Model Memory that allows the receiver to recognize up to thirty TQi 2.4Ghz Traxxas Link enabled transmitters—just switch on and drive. In the event of signal loss due to an accidental switch-off or depleted batteries, the receiver will automatically return the throttle to neutral and hold the last commanded steering position. The Fail Safe programming is built-in and does not need to be set or activated. Three telemetry ports are incorporated in the 5-channel receiver to allow real-time data to be transmitted from your Traxxas model to the TQi transmitter when you install optional Telemetry Sensors (sold separately).
Direct Drive Transmission
The direct-drive transmission uses a single gear mesh to transfer power and torque from the motor to the drive axle with maximum efficiency. The axle incorporates a sealed, silicone-filled differential tuned specifically for drag racing. Equal length axles prevent torque-steer and ride on smooth, efficient ball bearings.
Full-size Funny Cars run on smooth, enhanced-traction surfaces that allow them to put power down through a solid axle. The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car uses a sealed differential to help balance real-world differences in traction between the rear tires at 1/8 scale. Race-proven in the 8-time National Champion Revo, the Traxxas Funny Car's differential represents the state of the art in power handling and efficiency. Heavyweight silicone oil provides a "limited slip" effect for straight, predictable launches.
Impressive 1/8 Scale Size
At a full 27 inches long and 9 inches wide, the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car has a commanding presence on the drag strip. Its extra-large 'footprint' improves stability, increases traction, tolerates road imperfections, and delivers high-speed handling and versatility that no 1/10 drag car can match.
Replica Goodyear Eagle High-Traction Belted Slick Tires
Specially formulated rubber compound responds accurately to burnouts and heating for greater traction and harder launches. The Traxxas Funny Car's low-profile slick tires are specially designed for superior traction and high rpm durability. The unique belt material and proprietary gluing process limits tire expansion and ensure a reliable tire/rim bond, run after run. To capture the tall-sidewall look of a full-size Funny Car, the rear wheels feature sidewall extensions that include authentic, printed Goodyear Eagle logos.
Authentic Chrome Finish Front Wheels and Narrow Front Tires
Invoking the style of full-size Funny Car front tires and wheels, the authentic five-spoke mirror-chrome wheels offer precision steering control via dual rubber sealed ball bearings. For added control and realism the narrow front tires feature a brick-style tread pattern to keep the Funny Car tracking straight launch after launch.
Race Replica John Force Racing Ford Mustang Funny Car Bodies
Choose your body from the garages of the winningest team in NHRA history, 17-time champions John Force Racing! In addition to Courtney Force's Traxxas Ford Mustang, the Traxxas Funny Car is available with Race Replica bodies for Courtney's John Force Racing teammates: Mike Neff's Castrol GTX car, Robert Hight's Auto Club car, and the Castrol GTX High Mileage car of John Force himself. All are fully detailed with the graphics and sponsor logos of the full-size machines, no painting or decaling required.
Rugged Rear Wing
Along with an aggressively wedge-shaped body and massive rear tires, a signature feature of an NHRA Funny Car is the huge rear wing that helps it harness 8,000 horsepower to achieve speeds over 300mph. The Traxxas Ford Mustang NHRA Funny Car follows suit with its accurately shaped and highly effective rear wing, made of rugged injection-molded plastic for durability, good looks, and authentic performance.
"Clipless" Tilt-Up Body with Integrated Bumper
Chassis access is quick and easy with the NHRA Funny Car's tilt-up body. Detents hold the body in the "up" position for fast battery swaps, and the innovative body latch allows you to instantly release and re-latch the body - no clips to fumble with or lose. The latch mechanism incorporates a foam bumper that tilts up with the body, allowing the chassis to maintain its scale appearance when the body is lifted.
Inboard Front Suspension System
The Traxxas Funny Car's unique independent front suspension features oil-filled coilover shocks maintains precise control over real-world racing surfaces that aren't always perfectly smooth at 1/8 scale. The inboard suspension design and shocks are ultra low-profile to help conceal their presence in the chassis. The shocks can be quickly and easily removed via a single screw for fast setting changes.
Adjustable 3-link Rear Suspension With Sway Bar
The Traxxas Funny Car utilizes a fully suspended rear axle and motor pod with a unique three-link trailing design for maximum traction and thrust. Pickup points, pre-load, and roll stiffness are fully adjustable for perfect trackside tuning.
Oil-Filled GTR Shocks™
Specially tuned for high-performance drag racing, the super-smooth oil-filled shocks maintain control through extreme launches. Threaded spring collars allow quick and accurate pre-load adjustment, and the shock's spring and damping rates have been carefully chosen specifically for the Traxxas Funny Car.
Functional, Adjustable Wheelie Bar
The Traxxas Funny Car's wheelie bar is an important tuning device for powerful launches and an advantage at the start line. Adjust the heavy-duty 4mm turnbuckle to dial in the perfect wheelie height. When the lights go green, the Funny Car transfers weight to the rear wheels for maximum traction and blasts down the strip, its front wheels hovering over the pavement on the way to the win.
Quick-Release Battery Hold Down
Battery changes are fast and easy with the Traxxas Funny Car's quick-release battery hold down. Out of the box, the tray holds 6-cell NiMH packs and select Traxxas Power Cell 2S and 3S LiPo packs; an optional battery clip permits 7-and 8-cell NiMH packs and extra-high capacity Power Cell 2S and 3S LiPo packs to be installed. Batteries are not included.
The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race Radio System
The Traxxas Funny Car is equipped with the TQi,™ the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race® radio system. The radio system is the sole connection between the driver and machine and the all-new Traxxas TQi has been engineered to be precise, comfortable, powerful, and reliable. The TQi radio system arrives with a full complement of tuning features including steering and throttle sensitivity; steering percentage; braking strength; servo end points, and more. The unique 4-channel transmitter allows you to select Burnout, Staging, and Race Modes. TQi's long-range, high-output, 2.4GHz signal combines with proven Traxxas reliability for rock-solid performance. It's so advanced, it doesn't even need an external antenna.
Enclosed Receiver Box
The Funny Car's micro receiver is fully enclosed for a clean look and protection from dirt and debris. The integrated "light pipe" allows you to see the receiver's status LED without opening the enclosure.
Hideaway Power Wire Routing
A unique wire routing channel is hidden beneath the battery compartment to conceal the wires that span between the ET-3s Electronic Speed Control and the ET-2400 brushless motor.
Traxxas High-Current Connector
The Traxxas Funny Car's ET-3s Brushless Power System features the innovative Traxxas High-Current Connector. Designed to handle high-current applications, the Traxxas Connector effortlessly funnels your battery's total power to the electronics to keep things running cool and at full capacity.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
Small but powerful, the Traxxas Funny Car's 2080 servo cranks out 41.7 oz.-in. of tire-turning torque with digital circuitry for responsive steering and precise control as you race down the track. Waterproof, o-ring-sealed construction locks out moisture, dirt, and debris.
Pro-quality, high-grade, metric hex-drive hardware is used throughout for extra strength, and easy maintenance and repair. The black-oxide rust-resistant finish provides a high tech look and feel.
Rubber-Sealed Ball Bearings
Precision 5x11mm rubber-sealed bearings offer the ultimate in super low-friction performance and maximum protection in dirty environments. They are used in all exposed locations on the truck and are virtually maintenance free.
Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Features
• Race Replica graphics featuring the:
• Courtney Force Edition - Traxxas Ford Mustang Funny Car
• John Force Edition - Castrol GTX HIGH MILEAGE Ford Mustang Funny Car
• Mike Neff Edition - Castrol GTX Ford Mustang Funny Car
• Robert Hight Edition - AAA Auto Club Ford Mustang Funny Car
• The Traxxas Funny Car reaches speeds in excess of 70mph!*
• Powered by the Traxxas ET-3s Electronic Speed Control with custom programming exclusively for authentic drag racing
• Traxxas ET-2400 brushless motor (2400 Kv)
• Scale Funny Car "tube-style" tub chassis
• Modular simplicity, fiber-composite chassis
• Quick-release front body hold down and replica tilt-up body
• Functional, adjustable wheelie bar
• Inboard front suspension system
• Adjustable 3-link rear suspension with sway bar
• Quick-release battery hold down
• Direct-drive transmission
• Oil-filled sealed differential
• Oversized 6mm rear axles
• Threaded-body, oil-filled GTR shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
• Single point steering with integrated servo saver
• Specially engineered belted slick rear tires (2" wide rear)
• Contoured, molded rear tire inserts
• Front Funny Car Race Replica tires
• Mirror-chrome 5-spoke Race Replica wheels
• TQi 2.4GHz High-Output radio system with Traxxas Link model memory
• Exclusive, patent-pending Burnout, Staging, and Race Modes
• Patent-pending Launch Control system with adjustable torque setting
• Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—
• just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required.
• Multi-Function knob with torque control
• Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
• Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
• Adjustable steering and throttle end points
• High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
• Telemetry-enabled 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
• Compatible with optional TQi Docking Base (#6510) for full Traxxas Link App capability with Apple iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately)
• Digital high-torque waterproof micro steering servo
• Enclosed receiver box
• *70+mph requires:
• Installing an optional 20-tooth pinion gear and a 3S 6400 mAh LiPo battery pack (#2857) (sold separately)
• Scalable battery compartments from NiMH packs to brutal 3S LiPo power
• Two selectable height configurations using the included hold-downs
Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Specifications
• Length: 27.24 inches (692mm)
• Front Track: 9 inches (229mm)
• Rear Track: 9.17 inches (233mm)
• Center Ground Clearance: 0.47 inches (12mm)
• Weight: 4.4 lbs (2.0 kg) (w/o battery)
• Height (overall): 8 inches (203mm)
• Wheelbase: 15.31 inches (389mm)
• Front Shock Length: 1.08 inches (27.5mm)
• Rear Shock Length: 1.89 inches (48mm)
• Front Tires (pre-glued): Race Replica Front Tires (2.6" x 0.65")
• Rear Tires (pre-glued): Belted Slick Rear (4.29" x 2")
• Front Wheels: 2" Drag Race Replica Narrow 5-Spoke (mirror-chrome)
• Rear Wheels: 3.3" Drag Race Replica Dish 5-Spoke (mirror-chrome)
• Speed Control Type: Traxxas ET-3s Electronic Speed Control Forward/Staging/Reverse/Brake
• Motor (electric): Traxxas ET-2400 Brushless (2400 Kv)
• Transmission: Single-Speed
• Overall Drive Ratio: 4.86 (stock, out-of-box)
• Differential Type: Limited Slip, Sealed, Hardened Steel Bevel
• Gear Pitch: Module 0.8 (32-pitch)
• Chassis Structure/Material: Tube-style Tub
• Brake Type: Electronic
• Drive System: Direct Drive
• Steering: Single Point
• Radio System: TQi™ 2.4GHz 4-channel Radio System
• Top Speed: 70+mph*
• Skill Level: 1
• Battery Tray Dimensions: 135mm x 46mm x 25mm (adjustable height)
• Required Batteries & Charger:
• 6 to 8-cell NiMH or 2-cell (#2843) to 3-cell (#2849, #2857) LiPo battery with Traxxas High-Current Connector
• 4 "AA" batteries (transmitter)
• NiMH (#2930) or LiPo (#2933) Battery Charger
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
|Mfr Part Number||6907|
Can't view this video? Click here