Check items to add to the cart or select all
Traxxas Slash VXL RTR
The Number One Short-Course Truck
Now with Velineon Brushless Power!
Introducing the latest member of the VXL family: the award-winning, best-selling Traxxas Slash, now with Velineon Brushless Power. Slash VXL crushes the competition with brute force acceleration and unmatched top speed. With the included Power Cell 7-cell NiMh battery, Slash VXL rockets to over 40mph. Install optional 3S LiPo power, and Slash VXL blasts past 60mph!
• Extreme Brushless Horsepower!
• TQi 2.4G Transmitter and Receiver with Traxxas Link
• Waterproof Electronics for All-Weather Driving Excitement
• Top Speed: 60+mph!
The Slash VXL combines extreme brushless horsepower with the proven fun and durability that have made Slash the number-1 selling short course truck. Hardcore acceleration completely blows everything else away. Out of the box, Velineon is optimized to deliver the tire-melting horsepower, benchmark speed, and precision throttle response you expect from brushless. Best of all, it’s brushless done the Traxxas way: wicked fast and easy to use. There’s no tricky programming to figure out or a glossary of new vocabulary to learn. Just plug it in and it works.
The Velineon Brushless Power system takes the guesswork out of enjoying the benefits of world-class brushless power. The system components work together as an optimized package, engineered from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Slash VXL, Your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer packs (3S LiPo packs). These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 65mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control conveniently helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
MODEL 5807: Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race, TQi 2.4G High-Output radio system with Traxxas Link, Velineon Brushless Power System, and Race Replica painted body.
Next-Generation 2.4G Control
The Slash VXL now includes the Traxxas TQi 2.4G High-Output radio system with Traxxas Link. This system offers the unbeatable convenience of “no channels, no crystals” 2.4G technology, and the long-range security of a high-output signal - but that’s just the beginning. The new, patent-pending Traxxas Link technology stores settings for up to 20 Traxxas Link-enabled models, with no naming or “model memory” settings required. Just power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4G High-Output radio is also fully adjustable; steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim.
Proven Velineon Brushless Power
The Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor is precision-matched for use in the 1/10th scale Slash VXL, delivering the perfect balance of brutal horsepower and efficiency. The sensorless design works with the sophisticated circuitry in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control for smooth starts and precise control, without the need for additional sensors and wiring. Since there are no brushes or commutator to cause friction and wear, Velineon brushless power is always fast, run after run.
The Velineon VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy operation that gives you all the control you need for maximum fun. Quickly choose from 3 drive profiles in exactly the same manner as other Traxxas electronic speed controls (such as the XL-5). Profiles include: Sport, Race, and Training Mode (patent pending). Training Mode limits full-throttle power to 50% allowing young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unleashing the full-throttle capability of the Velineon system. Slash VXL’s performance can be tailored for drivers of any age and experience. High-frequency transistors and advanced circuit design deliver incredibly smooth and refined throttle control. With the VXL-3s you have the flexibility to use conventional brushed motors, brushless motors, and sensored brushless motors. The VXL-3s auto detects the motor type for you. High-current capacity (320 amps peak) and two-stage thermal protection frees you from motor limits.
Traxxas Power Cell Battery Included!
Slash VXL includes a genuine Power Cell Battery Pack to make sure you experience all the performance that's been engineered into your Traxxas model. Power Cell packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas' high-output, gold plated, high-current connectors. Seven cells give Slash VXL 8.4 volts of motivation for maximum speed, and precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the Traxxas Power Cell package.
Slash VXL RTR Features
• ProGraphix multi-colored painted body is available in four officially licensed (paint and graphics) race replica versions: Mark Jenkins (Traxxas #25), Mike Jenkins (Traxxas #47), Greg Adler (4 Wheel Parts), and Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg Edition (Amsoil)
• Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
• The Slash VXL reaches speeds in excess of 40mph using the included optional pinion gear
• Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
• Consistent, high-power output, run after run
• Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
• Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
• Precision-balanced rotor
• Race in dirt, mud, water, and snow thanks to Traxxas’ innovative waterproof electronics
• TQi 2.4G High-Output transmitter with Traxxas Link
• Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 20 Traxxas Link-enabled models - just switch on and drive, “model selection” is not required
• Multi-Function knob
• Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
• Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
• Adjustable steering and throttle end points
• High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
• 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 input
• Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
• LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
• Auto-detects brushed, sensorless and sensored brushless motors
• Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
• Race Mode – Forward / Brake
• Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
• Traxxas High-Current Connector
• Digital high-torque waterproof steering servo
• 125 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second speed
• O-ring sealed watertight receiver box
• Speed control, receiver, and steering servo are securely fastened to chassis
• Long-wheelbase fiber-composite chassis
• 13.2 inch wheelbase
• Over 3.5 inches of ground clearance
• Easy access battery compartment
• Adjustable battery hold down accepts 6- and 7-cell flat packs and 7-cell hump packs
• Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
• Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
• Body mounts incorporate reinforced washers for additional body support
• Efficient Magnum 272 metal-gear transmission with ball bearings
• Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
• Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
• External gear cover with easy slipper access
• Reliable composite planetary gear differential with a steel ring gear
• Heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
• Heavy-duty 4mm steel turnbuckles and captured rod ends
• Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
• Precision hex hardware throughout
• Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
• Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
• Progressive rate white powder coated shock springs feature a race-tuned responsive spring rate
• Officially Licensed BFGoodrich and Kumho tires
• Dual-bellcrank steering with integrated servo saver
• Heavy-duty telescoping universal-joint driveshafts, built for brushless power
• New brushless-specific suspension sttings for enhanced high-speed handling and stability
Slash VXL RTR Specifications
• Length: 22.36 inches (568mm)
• Front Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
• Rear Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
• Weight: 90.37oz (2.562kg)
• Height (overall): 8.425 inches (214mm)
• Wheelbase: 13.2 inches (335mm)
• Front Shock Length: Long
• Rear Shock Length: XXLong
• Front Tires: BFGoodrich or Kumho
• 2.2in (Pre-Glued with Inserts)
• Rear Tires: BFGoodrich or Kumho
• 2.2in (Pre-Glued with Inserts)
• Front Wheels: 2.2in Satin or Chrome-Finish
• Rear Wheels: 2.2in Satin or Chrome-Finish
• Speed Control Type: VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
• Motor (electric): Velineon 3500 Brushless
• Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 10.2)
• Differential Type: Steel Composite Planetary
• Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
• Transmission: Metal Gear Magnum 272
• Steering: Bellcrank
• Chassis Type: Modified Tub
• Chassis Material: Composite Nylon
• Top Speed: 40+mph
• Skill Level: 1
• Radio System: TQi 2.4G 2-channel