Check items to add to the cart or select all
Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL Short Course Truck
RTR Brushless SC Truck with 2.4GHz TQi Radio
It's everything you expect from a Slash - tough, fast, fun and now, 4-wheel drive! Slash 4X4 from Traxxas is built for radio control short course fun on and off the track with an all-new rigid chassis, super-efficient shaft drive, and Velineon brushless power for speeds over 60mph. Slash 4X4's innovative design is like no other, and offers a combination of long-travel suspension, high ground clearance and a modern, ultra-efficient 4-wheel drive system for the traction needed to exploit the massive brushless horsepower. Just three gear meshes and a lightweight aluminum tube driveshaft are used to transfer power to all four wheels. Optimized placement of the components in the chassis yields perfect side-to-side and front-to-rear weight bias. The Slash 4x4 SC Truck continues Slash's legendary toughness and simplicity of operation. The modular design provides easy access to the running gear. A Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz radio system offers switch-on-and-drive convenience and is programmable through your own iPhone, and waterproof electronics keep the 4WD fun rolling in water, mud, and snow.
The Traxxas Slash 4X4 Short Course truck is sure to be the next big thing at the racetrack so the race-bred suspension geometry is fully adjustable and the bellcrank steering is ultra precise to satisfy the racer. With its aggressive new body and licensed BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A tires, Slash 4X4 is the most realistic Traxxas short-course racer yet. And all thats just the start of Slash 4X4s long list of features! Bumper to bumper, Slash 4X4 is packed with Traxxas innovation, engineering excellence, and attention to detail no other truck can match.
Full-time 4WD traction is able to harness the power of the Velineon brushless system. Ultra-rigid chassis design does not twist under power for arrow-straight acceleration with massive brushless torque and horsepower.
The Next Generation of Traxxas 2.4GHz Technology
Traxxas introduces the next generation of 2.4GHz radio system performance and it's available now with Slash 4X4. The Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz computerized High-Output radio system is equipped with superior Direct Sequence Spread-Spectrum (DSSS) technology, fully programmable features with an optionaI iPhone, and the convenience of patent-pending Traxxas Link™ automatic model recognition. Forget about crystals and frequency conflicts! The transmitter's easy-to-use design provides the instant, worry-free, turn-it-on-and-go driving fun you expect from Traxxas, while also delivering a full compliment of pro-level tuning features for those who wish to explore the expanded tuning possibilities. The Multi-Function knob on the face of the transmitter can be programmed to control a variety of functions such as steering exponential, steering and braking dual rate, and throttle trim. Access is through a simple menu tree controlled by a two-button interface. Other tuning options include end point adjustment, servo reversing, and sub trim adjustment. Top-level performance is what you expect from Traxxas, so the new TQi 2.4GHz High-Output pumps out a strong, clear signal for optimum range. The 13ms frame rate and near zero latency results in instant steering and throttle response along with precise, smooth control.
The exclusive Traxxas Link™ automatic model recognition software is a breakthrough in "model memory" that makes it easier than ever to enjoy multiple Traxxas Link enabled models without juggling transmitters or scrolling through complex menus searching for model names. Each time the transmitter is bound to a new receiver, it saves that receiver in its memory, along with all the model settings assigned to that receiver. The next time that transmitter and any previously bound receiver (up to 20!) are switched on, the transmitter automatically recalls the settings for that receiver. Just power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! Up to 20 Traxxas Link enabled receivers and 20 Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz High Output transmitters can be cross bound together making it possible to grab ANY transmitter and ANY vehicle from the group, switch them on, and start driving. It's perfect for when you have lots of vehicles you want to drive but don't want to have to keep up with which transmitter belongs to which model. Traxxas Link does it for you, seamlessly behind the scenes.
Included 7-Cell Battery Pack
Slash 4X4 includes a genuine Power Cell Battery Pack to make sure you experience all the performance that's been engineered into your Traxxas short course truck. Power Cell packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas' high-output, gold plated, high-current connectors. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the Traxxas Power Cell package, and seven cells give Slash 4X4 8.4 volts of motivation for maximum speed.
Innovative New Chassis
The innovation designed into the Slash 4X4 begins with an all-new chassis that's not like anything you've seen before. Extreme Brushless Power and 4WD requires a chassis that won't flex under load for arrow-straight, hard-charging acceleration. To offer the required rigidity, smoothly integrated ribs form a triangulated structure that's optimized for the loads imparted by the suspension and powertrain. Underneath, the chassis is ultra-smooth to reduce drag and prevent snags driving through brush.
High Center Ground Clearance
Slash 4X4 maintains the high center ground clearance that is a hallmark of the original Slash. The extra clearance drastically increases the off-road versatility that allows you to tackle rougher terrain and bigger obstacles. On the track, the center of gravity (cg) is just right. The Slash 4X4 feels planted and secure at speed and at the same time delivers that authentic Short Course handling and realism that makes Slash racing such incredible fun.
Perfect Weight Bias
Each component on the chassis was carefully positioned for optimal weight distribution and space utilization. The result is perfect weight bias for neutral handling precision. The bulk of the mass is distributed down the centerline of the chassis for smooth, stable cornering.
Old designs made servicing of 4-wheel drive vehicles cumbersome and time-consuming. Traxxas has a better way. Modular design allows the entire front section to be removed with just 5-screws, and the rear assembly with just 4-screws. In less than a minute using a power screwdriver you have full access for easy service and adjustment.
Versatile Battery Compartment
Slash 4X4 is designed to easily adapt to multiple styles of batteries for today's technology and beyond. 6 or 7-cell NiMh battery packs and various configurations of Lithium Polymer packs are no problem for Slash 4X4.
• Fully assembled and Ready-To-Race
• Full-time 4WD, 40+mph out-of-the-box!
• Licensed BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A tires
• Includes 7-cell Traxxas Power Cell battery pack and charger
• TQi 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system
• Rigid chassis design
• Robust C-hub axle carriers
• Long-travel suspension
• Bellcrank steering system with integrated servo saver
• Powerful, efficient brushless Velineon 3500 motor
• VXL-3s waterproof electronic speed control
• Digital, high-torque, ball bearing, waterproof steering servo
• Waterproof electronics race in dirt, mud, and water
• Traxxas High-Current Connectors
• Blue-anodized, lightweight aluminum driveshaft
• Revo-spec sealed, silicone-filled differentials
• Patented Torque-Control slipper clutch
• Oil-filled Ultra Shocks with progressive rate springs
• Heavy Duty 4mm steel turnbuckles
• Precision high-quality hex hardware throughout
• Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
• Length: 14 inches (356mm)
• Front: Track 7.3 inches (185mm)
• Rear Track: 7.3 inches (185mm)
• Weight: 35oz (1000g)
• Height: (overall) 4.92 inches (125mm)
• Wheelbase: 8.1 inches (206mm)
• Front Shock Length: 48mm
• Rear Shock Length: 48mm
• Front Wheels: Dual-bead 35/47mm, 12mm hex hub
• Rear Wheels: Dual-bead 35/47mm, 12mm hex hub
• Electronic Speed Control: Waterproof Velineon VXL-3m ESC
• Motor (electric): Velineon 380 Brushless
• Transmission: Heavy-Duty with Steel Idler Gear
• Gear Ratio (internal): 5.04:1, (reversed input: 9.72:1)
• Overall Drive Ratio: 7.32:1 (stock, out-of-box)
• Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed
• Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
• Chassis: Structure/Material Molded Composite Nylon Monocoque
• Brake Type: Electronic
• Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
• Steering: Bellcrank
VXL-3m (Waterproof) ESC Specifications
• Input voltage: 6 to 12 cells NiMH, 2S to 3S LiPo
• Case Size: 26.5mm W x 46.5mm D x 22mm H
• Weight: 38 grams
• Motors: Sensorless Brushless
• Motor Limit: None
• On Resistance: 0.0005 Ohms
• PWM Frequency 12,000Hz
• Peak Current: 326A
• Continuous Current: 52A
• BEC Voltage: 6.0V DC
• Motor / Battery Wiring: 16-Gauge Maxx Cable
• Transistor Type: MOSFET
• Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
• Thermal Protection: 2-Stage thermal shutdown
• Profile selection:
• Sport Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, 100% rev
• Race Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, no rev.
• Training Mode: 50% fwd, 100% brakes, 50% rev.
• Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set
• Battery Input Connector: Traxxas High-Current Connector
• Motor Connector: TRX 3.5mm Bullet Connectors
*To get the maximum brushless performance out of your Traxxas Slash 4x4 short course truck, Hobby People recommends the following accessories