You have no items in your shopping cart.
Great Planes Micro F-86 Sabre EDF Tx-R
There are a lot of jets and a lot of micros, but there's only one F-86 Sabre — and it's only from Great Planes. It's the first micro that offers true EDF jet performance and authentic jet looks in equal measure — and it's available as a Tx-R. It measures only 15” from wing tip to wing tip, but offers the scale looks of a plane twice the size and the performance that jet pilots want. A factory-installed brushless motor and a HyperFlow ducted fan unit provide the power and thrust for full-throttle passes just off the deck and outstanding sport performance.
• Fully assembled, carefully scaled and factory finished.
• Equipped for true jet performance with a ducted fan, brushless motor and ESC.
• Onboard gear includes three digital servos, as well as a 4-channel SLT™ receiver.
The F-86 Sabre arrives fully assembled and ready for flight. A battery and charger are included — and everything else is installed.
Fly the F-86 Sabre — and all other Tx-R aircraft — with your favorite transmitter!
Already own a transmitter that's set up just the way you like? Then use it to fly your favorite Tx-R airplanes!
That's the simplicity and value of Tx-R. As long as your transmitter is compatible with AnyLink™ — nearly all brands, bands and modulations are* — it will fly this model and any other Tx-R airplane you buy in the future. In most cases, you'll just plug the tiny AnyLink (available separately) into your transmitter's trainer port. Then you're ready to send secure 2.4GHz signals to the SLT receiver included with every Tx-R model. See tx-ready.com for full details.
Another Tx-R advantage: The included components are installed and expertly matched to the model for optimum performance — no guessing what motor, battery or servos will work best!
Great Planes Micro F-86 Sabre EDF Features
• The canopy doubles as a realistic detail and a magnetically attached hatch that simplifies battery changes.
• The F-86's landing gear can be installed for ROG takeoffs and removed for hand launches and grass landings.
• The F-86 arrives factory-finished, with fine details already molded into the foam fuselage and wings. Lightweight water-transfer decals add authentic details without additional work.
• Ducting runs the entire length of the fuselage, providing a channel for the HyperFlow ducted fan and added scale realism for the eye.
• The F-86 Sabre offers performance to match its scale appearance, from fast, low-level flybys to sport aerobatics high in the sky.
• Construction: Foam with molded-in panel lines, hatch lines, and machine gun ports for realistic appearance
• Wings: One-piece
• Canopy: Lifts off for easy battery access, attaches magnetically
• Servos: Three digital ultra-micro
• Receiver: Tactic 2.4GHz SLT receiver
• Motor: Ammo 11,500kV brushless inrunner with 30mm HyperFlow ducted fan unit with ducting that runs the length of the aircraft
• Electronic Speed Control: 6A brushless
• LiPo Battery: 200mAh 7.4V 15C
• Battery Charger: DC powered, 12V Car adapter, LiPo compatible, balance capable
• Landing Gear: Removable for hand launching and grass landings 0.59" (15mm) diameter foam wheels
Great Planes Micro F-86 Sabre EDF Specifications
• Wingspan: 15" (381mm)
• Wing Area: 53.1 sq in (3.4 sq dm)
• Weight: 2.35oz (67g)
• Wing Loading: 6.4 oz/sq ft (20 g/sq dm)
• Length: 14.4" (366mm)
• Center of Gravity (CG): 2-3/4" (70mm) from the leading edge of the wing looking downward from the fuselage
• Control Throws:
• Elevator-Up/Down, 1/4" (6mm)
• Ailerons-Up/Down, 3/16" (5mm)
• Rudder-Up/Down, 5/16" (8mm