HP-MTR G-46 BL Power System (Motor/ESC/5S Battery)
We wanted to take away the guess work for customers and to make a power system that is reliable and affordable. The Hobby People G-46 Power System allows you to experience the same power as one would expect from a 46-52 two-stroke/70 four-stroke. Swing an APC 10x6 Prop (regular, not electric) at 10,000+ RPM. Many 65-70 four-strokes struggle with that. We fly this combo with a 13x6 and also with a 13x8E propeller. This motor also flies with a 14x7E APC prop for bigger planes with more drag.
The motor and ESC come wired with 4mm gold-plated bullet connectors, so there is no soldering to get these items to all work together! The ESC connects to the battery with a T-Connector.
Finally, customers can buy a complete electric system for less money than the equivalent four-stroke! Convenient, Easy, Reliable. Hobby People has taken the work and expense out of airplane electric conversions!
• High-Quality Components and Operating Firmware
• Sensorless Design for Use with Aircraft and Helicopters
• Adjustable Low Voltage Cutoff, Over-Heat Protection, Signal Loss Protection and Safe-Start
• Fully Programmable Via Transmitter or Programming Card (Available Separately)
• Input Voltage: 2-6S LiPo Cells or 6-18 NiCd/NiMH Cells
• Maximum Continuous Current: 80 Amps (with Airflow Cooling)
• BEC: 5.0A/5V
• Weight (without Wires): 2.89oz (82g)
• Dimensions: 3.25 x 1.43 x 0.56in (82.5 x 36.3 x 14.2mm)
ESC Program Options:
• Battery Type
• Cutoff Type
• Cutoff Voltage
• Timing Mode
• Start Mode
• Governor Mode
• Motor Direction
• And Default Restore
• Battery: 3-5S LiPo or 8-16 NiMH Cells
• Maximum Continuous Current: 65 Amps / 70 Amps Surge for 30 Seconds
• Kv: 650 (RPM/V)
• Recommended Propellers:
w/4S 4500-5000mAh LiPo - 12x10, 13x8 or 14x8
w/5S 4500-5000mAh LiPo - 12x8, 13x6, 13x8 or 14x7
• Recommended ESC: 80Amp ESC or Similar
• Weight: 230g
• Diameter: 42mm
• Length: 50mm
• Shaft Size: 5mm
• 4mm Male Gold Bullet Connectors Installed
• Pack Dimensions: 42 x 43 x 135 mm
• Weight: 530g
• Plug: T-Connector
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $60.00
Special Price: $40.20
Regular Price: $40.00
Special Price: $26.80
Regular Price: $45.00
Special Price: $30.15
- Simplicity at it's best! Review by Bob
- Very nice setup Review by Warren
4-5 minutes of hard flying with plenty of reserve in the pack.
Super combo for all 40 sized aircraft. Came in at the same weight as the Magnum .53 RFS setup it replaced with a ton more power. (Posted on 12/23/15)
- No problems ,just ordered #4 Review by Woody
- Perfect Review by tim
- Great No-Problem Kit Review by Dave R
I had shopped around a bit for several months but I was a bit overwhelmed by all the options. When I saw this matched set for sale at my local HP shop, the price was right and my confidence was high.
I flew the finished plane today for the first time: it was great! Loads of power. Most of the flight was at about 60% throttle... which was plenty. I flew for about 15 minutes with 5 takeoffs and landings. I metered the battery on my charger after...and calculated that I had used less than 40% of the battery capacity.
It would have been nice to know that there was a prop chart in the box: not knowing, I purchased an 11x5 to match what I had been using with glow. When I found the chart I went back to get the recommended 12x8 prop.
Unfortunately the kit does not come with a motor standoff, and the part number for the standoff listed in the instructions is not available on the HP website and was not in stock in the store. I ended up making my own mouting plate out of plywood, and used some standoff posts that I had as spare parts. (This turned out to be vey nice, as I could re-use my same firewall engine mounting holes and T-nuts that I had used for the glow engine mount.)
This kit is great and is exactly what I wanted: a simple, high-quality matched electric power system.
Electric instead of glow was a good choice for me and will let me fly more often. The conversion of the Alpha was straightforward (though I did spend some extra time making the mounting plate and a spring loaded latch for my battery door.) CG was perfect with no adjustment needed. This kit makes it easy to get started with the benefits of electric flight. (Posted on 10/9/13)