Check items to add to the cart or select all
Summit Style, Brushless Performance, Now in 1/16 scale!
Barely as tall as a single tire on the 1/10 scale Summit, the 1/16 Summit VXL will make you forget all about its super convenient and fun size while its massive suspension travel, screaming brushless horsepower, and 4-wheel drive traction tackle impossible terrain and turn “no way” into “no problem.” Traxxas engineers have managed to pack all the big Summit’s go-anywhere versatility into a smaller machine that knows no boundaries. Waterproof? Check. Velineon Brushless power system? Of course! Traxxas tough durability? You bet. Traxxas engineers built this one to run hard and fast with its all-new extreme duty driveshafts, rugged ExoCage body, beefed up suspension damping, and scale Canyon AT tires. The 1/16 Summit’s just-right size lets you enjoy hours of off-road fun anywhere, anytime!
- 25+mph Out-Of-The-Box…40+mph All Out!
- Velineon Brushless Power with VXL-3m Speed Control
- Waterproof Electronics for All-Weather, All-Terrain Driving Excitement
- Ready-To-Race With Included Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery
MODEL 7207: Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race, with TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system with Traxxas Link, Velineon 380 motor, VXL-3m electronic speed control, 7.2 volt NiMH battery & charger, and ProGraphix painted body.
Unbeatable Speed and Performance
No “mini” model can match 1/16 Summit’s class-leading speed and tire-spinning torque. Right out of the box, the potent Velineon Brushless Power System and included Power Cell NiMH battery push Summit past 25mph to outrun any “mini” (and many 1/10 scale RTR trucks). Install a second Power Cell battery to unleash the Velineon Brushless Power System's full fury, and Summit VXL jumps to over 40mph—all with proven-safe NiMH packs. Only Traxxas makes it so easy and affordable to experience this level of high speed, trail-taming torque, and wheelie-popping power.
The 1/16 Summit VXL is fully assembled with TQ 2.4GHz radio system, Velineon brushless power system, painted and decaled body, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions. A Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery and charger are also included, making the Summit VXL truly Ready-To-Race. Designed specifically for the high-power needs of the Velineon brushless system, the potent Power Cell pack features heavy-duty construction, 16-gauge wires and Traxxas' exclusive High-Current Connector for efficient power transfer, run after run.
The Next Generation of Traxxas 2.4GHz Technology
Traxxas introduces the next generation of 2.4GHz radio system performance and it's available now in the 1/16 E-Revo VXL. The Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz computerized High Output radio systems are equipped with superior Direct Sequence Spread-Spectrum (DSSS) technology, fully programmable features, and the convenience of patent-pending Traxxas Link automatic model recognition. Forget about crystals and frequency conflicts! The transmitter's easy-to-use design provides the instant, worry-free, turn-it-on-and-go driving fun you expect from Traxxas, while also delivering a full compliment of pro-level tuning features for those who wish to explore the expanded tuning possibilities. The Multi-Function knob on the face of the transmitter can be programmed to control a variety of functions such as steering exponential, steering and braking dual rate, and throttle trim. Access is through a simple menu tree controlled by a two-button interface. Other tuning options include end point adjustment, servo reversing, and sub trim adjustment. Top-level performance is what you expect from Traxxas, so the new TQ 2.4GHz High Output pumps out a strong, clear signal for optimum range. The 13ms frame rate and near zero latency results in instant steering and throttle response along with precise, smooth control.
5-channel Micro Receiver with Fail-Safe Security
The TQ 2.4GHz High Output's micro receiver fits easily into any vehicle, and features dual channel-1 outputs for easy installation in vehicles with dual steering servos—no Y-harness necessary! The integrated LINK button makes it fast and easy to bind the receiver, and the two-color LED indicates power-on and bind status for fool-proof control and convenience. Traxxas Link allows the receiver to recognize up to twenty TQ 2.4Ghz Traxxas Link enabled transmitters—just switch on and drive. In the event of signal loss due to an accidental switch-off or depleted batteries, the receiver will automatically return the throttle to neutral and hold the last commanded steering position. The Fail Safe programming is built-in and does not need to be set or activated.
1/16 Summit VXL Features
- TQ 2.4GHz High Output transmitter with Traxxas Link
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 20 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, “model selection” is not required.
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
- Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
- Powered by the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Velineon VXL-3m Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- Velineon 380 Brushless Motor
- High-performance sensorless design
- High-strength Neodymium magnets
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Gold-plated 3.5mm bullet connectors
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials—an industry first in 1/16 scale
- Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Heavy-duty CV-style driveshafts
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Installed Long Travel Rockers for maximum suspension articulation
- Extended-wheelbase rear suspension arms (+10mm)
- Rocker-actuated shocks provide true progressive damping and spring rates
- Threaded-body, oil-filled shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Integrated battery compartments with intake and exit cooling vents
- Quick-release battery doors for fast pack changes
- Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
- Pre-glued Canyon AT Tires with foam inserts
- Chrome Geode 2.2" wheels with beadlock trim
- ExoCage body with protective outer cage
- "LED ready" bumpers
1/16 Summit VXL Specifications
- Length: 12.6 inches (320mm)
- Front Track: 10.43 inches (265mm)
- Rear Track: 10.63 inches (270mm)
- Weight: 44oz (1.24kg)
- Height (overall): 7.48 inches (190mm)
- Wheelbase: 8.425 inches (214mm)
- Front Shock Length: 48mm
- Rear Shock Length: 48mm
- Front Tires (pre-glued): Canyon AT
- Rear Tires (pre-glued): Canyon AT
- Front Wheels: Geode 2.2"
- Rear Wheels: Geode 2.2"
- Electronic Speed Control: Waterproof Velineon VXL-3m ESC
- Motor (electric): Velineon 380 Brushless
- Transmission: Heavy-Duty Single Speed
- Gear Ratio (internal): 5.04:1, (reversed input: 9.72:1)
- Overall Drive Ratio: 15.75 (stock, out-of-box)
- Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Composite Nylon Monocoque
- Brake Type: Electronic
- Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Radio System: TQ 2.4GHz High Output
- with Traxxas Link
- Top Speed: 25+mph (40+mph with dual batteries)
- Skill Level: 2
- Required Batteries: 4 "AA" (transmitter)(vehicle includes 6-cell NiMh & charger)