Tamiya 1/32 Vought F4U-1 Corsair "Birdcage"
Extreme Detail Plastic Model Kit
This is a Tamiya 1/32 Vought F4U-1 Corsair "Birdcage" Extreme Detail Plastic Model Kit. The F4U-1 Corsair was unique with a powerful 2,000hp engine and a massive 4m propeller, not to mention the characteristic inverted gull-wings. In October of 1940, it was the first American fighter to achieve a speed of 400mph (around 640kph). Initial production models of the aircraft featured a striking canopy called the "Birdcage". The aircraft took part in operations from February 1943, and with its powerful 12.7mm machine guns proved to be a formidable opponent for the Japanese Zero fighters.
In order to capture the aircraft as accurately as possible, Tamiya designers not only inspected, measured and examined the real aircraft at five different museums across North America, they were also given access to Northrop-Grumman's blueprints. The result is a highly-detailed and precise 1/32 scale model of the F4U-1 Corsair.
• Extremely Detailed and Accurately Shaped and Molded Parts
• Main Landing Gear Can Be Depicted in Lowered or Retracted Position
• Wing Can Be Depicted In Folded or Straight Position
• Armament Includes Mk. XLI Bomb Rack
• Comes with 2 Figures to Depict Pilot in Seated or Standing Position
• Synthetic Rubber Tires Feature Authentic Tread Patterns
• 3 Sets of Markings, Painting Guide and Masking Sticker to Cover "Birdcage" Canopy
• Comes with Stand to Depict the Aircraft in Flight
• 12-Page Commemorative Booklet Included
• 2-Piece Engine Cowl is Removable Even After Completion
• Includes Parts to Construct Canopy in Open or Closed Position
• Comes with 2 Sets of Rear Fuselage Parts to Recreate Initial or Late Production Aircraft
• Includes Photo-Etched Parts
• Scale: 1/32
• Wingspan: 15.35 Inches (390mm)
• Length: 12.51 Inches (318mm)
*This is a plastic model kit that requires painting and assembly. Modeling tools, paints and supplies required and are available separately.
|Mfr Part Number||60324|