Thunderbolt Glow Plug - R/C Long Thunderbolt Glow Plug - R/C Long Thunderbolt
When Thunderbolt first started producing glow plugs in 1972, we needed a plug that would make up for the inefficiencies of most airplane carburetors at the time. The R/C Long did the trick.
The "idle bar (or "RC" type) physically protects the coil from carburetors that run rich at the low and mid-ranges. Have an airplane engine that just doesn't seem to want to idle and transition? This is the plug.
For over 25 years, this was by far the most popular plug we had ever made and with over a million sold, it continues to be the goto plug for many modelers.
Thunderbolt Glow Plugs - FEEL THE HEAT!
- The only plugs you can buy with exotic platinum-rhodium alloy coils
- Thunderbolt elements glow hotter, start engines faster
- Best idle performance of any brand of glow plug
- Best transition to full throttle
- Best plug life of any brand
- Coils are welded (not staked) to the plug body for greatest dependability
- Coils are triple checked for continuity and integrity
- Solid machined idle bars are welded on and will not come off
- Patented Bellville washer applied with multi-ton press to center electrode, seals against leakage past stem
- Space age insulator ring surrounds center electrode further sealing against leaks
- Copper compression washer seals against any possible leaks past the precision-cut threads
- Electroless nickel plating or black anodized finish on plug exterior prevents rust, gives long-lasting luster
- Individually packed in blister cards to prevent coil damage from other glow plug stems
|Mfr Part Number||03709|