|LiPo Battery Safety Guide (96.5 KB)|
Failure to comply with the safety guidelines in this document may result in damage to your battery, property damage, fire, personal injury and/or loss of life.
Traxxas Robby Gordon Edition Dakar Slash
Ready-to-Race with TQ 2.4GHz Radio , Power Cell 7-Cell NiMH Battery & Charger!
Robby Gordon is well known for versatile driving skills that have earned him success in everything from NASCAR to short-course off-road racing. Robby got his start as a desert racer in 1986, and he remains a force in this unique brand of high-speed, high-endurance competition. Unmistakable in his tough black and vivid orange race trucks, Robby is a fan favorite and a top contender when the green flag drops on the famous Dakar Rally. And now you can drive Robby’s ride yourself with the Traxxas Robby Gordon Edition Dakar Slash!
The award-winning Traxxas Slash puts you in the driver's seat for intense, high-flying off-road action. Robby's full-size Dakar truck embodies the spirit of Traxxas R/C with its 6.0 liter LS2 V8 racing engine, sand-shredding horsepower, 20-inch suspension travel, and desert-conquering durability. The Dakar Slash brings all the action home so you can experience high-speed head-to-head competition no matter where the terrain takes you--even water, mud, and snow thanks to Traxxas' exclusive waterproof electronics!
Precision 2.4GHz Control Radio System
With the TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and lightweight with just four AA batteries on board (batteries not included). The TQ scores on style with its black-chrome wheel and smoothly integrated handle, and the internal-antenna design gives the transmitter a sleek profile while shielding the antenna from damage.
The Dakar Slash is fully equipped for off-road adventure. The long-travel suspension and oil-filled shocks easily absorb jumps and rough terrain. The unique chassis design provides huge center ground clearance to drive over deep ruts, rocks, and other obstacles that leave ordinary R/C trucks stuck on their low-slung chassis. Advanced tread design and sophisticated rubber compounds provide incredible off-road grip with the versatility to perform well on concrete and asphalt. In addition to capturing the square-shouldered look of the full-size truck, the Dakar Slash's full-coverage fenders let you race wheel to wheel without tangling tires.
Waterproof Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Traxxas gives you the freedom to drive where you want to drive, even through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions never possible before. The proven XL-5 speed control and high-torque 2075 steering servo are impervious to water, and the 2.4GHz mini receiver is protected against the elements in a unique o-ring sealed enclosure, giving you the freedom to enjoy realistic all-weather desert-racing action.
The Titan 12T 550 modified motor delivers hard-hitting torque and high-RPM power to easily outperform "stock" motors. An integrated cooling fan pulls cool air through vent tunnels molded in the motor plate, keeping motor temperature down and power output high for faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life. The XL-5 Speed Control offers high current handling, EZ-Set® one-button setup, and smooth high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, LiPo-ready low voltage detection, thermal overload protection, and incredibly low resistance--all features you expect to find only with expensive aftermarket speed controls. Traxxas High-Current Connector's are standard to efficiently transfer every amp from the included Power Cell NiMH battery, and optional Power Cell LiPo packs.
Traxxas' exclusive patent-pending Training Mode let's everyone get in on the racing action. Just press a button to limit full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or inexperienced drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking the Dakar Slash's full power and speed capabiltiy. Training mode even makes it easy to hand the transmitter over to your friends who have never driven a radio-controlled truck before.
The Dakar Slash is ready to make the jump to extreme Velineon™ brushless horsepower, no modifications required. The Velineon power system (sold separately) installs in minutes and boosts the Dakar Slash's top speed to over 40mph with the included 7-cell NiMH battery. Add an 11.1V Traxxas Power Cell LiPo battery (sold separately), and unleash over 60mph! Bigger roosts, higher speeds, and higher jumps are right at your fingertips. The Magnum 272 transmission's steel gears, full ball bearings, universal-joint driveshafts, and Torque Control slipper clutch are all rated for extreme brushless horsepower--exactly what you need for peak power delivery and long-lasting, all-day fun.
XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
Designed and engineered by Traxxas, the XL-5 Electronic Speed Control handles the elements while smoothly supplying power to the motor. This high-performance ESC is packed with impressive specifications that are normally only found on more expensive high-end replacement units. The XL-5 features a completely waterproof design, three throttle profiles, low voltage detection, Thermal Shutdown Protection, 4-8 cell NiMH and 2-cell LiPo compatibility, and built-in BEC. High frequency operation combined with ultra-low resistance make the XL-5 an efficient and ultra-smooth fully proportional speed control. An exclusive feature on the XL-5 is the patent pending Training Mode™. This profile reduces the overall power output of the XL-5 by 50% making it easier for young or new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation.
• Innovative watersealed design
• Three Drive Profiles
• Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
• Race Mode - Forward / Brake
• Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
• 12-Turn motor limit for 550 size motors
• 15-Turn motor limit for 540 size motors
• Integrated on/off switch
• Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
• LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
• Large heat sink
• High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
Precision 2.4GHz Control
With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed using the TQ’s simple programming system.
Traxxas Power Cell Battery Included!
Slash includes a genuine Power Cell Battery Pack to make sure you experience all the performance that's been engineered into your Traxxas model. Power Cell packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas' high-output, gold plated, high-current connectors. Seven cells give Slash 8.4 volts of motivation for maximum speed, and precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the Traxxas Power Cell package.
Traxxas High-Current Connectors
The XL-5 electronic speed control comes equipped with the revolutionary Traxxas High-Current Connectors. Designed to handle high-current applications, Traxxas Connectors effortlessly funnel the battery's total power to the electronics keeping things running cool and at full capacity.
Titan® 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor
The Slash includes a powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan. The Titan's over-sized armature (30% larger compared to 540-sized armatures) is equipped with 12-turns of pure copper wire for big torque and increased power-handling capabilities. Lower running temperatures are achieved with the integrated cooling fan. The Titan 12T requires very little maintenance and is designed for consistent torque and high speeds from run to run, without fading.
Beyond the specs, the Titan 12T is made for dirt-roosting torque, lightning-quick acceleration, big-air jumps, and just about any other 4-wheel fun that demands real horsepower. Be sure to check out the videos to see it in action!
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
A race truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. The waterproof steering servo (#2075) uses O-ring seals to keep the fun going when things get wet. The Traxxas digital high-torque servo provides precise steering authority and speed for wheel-to-wheel racing in the back yard or on the track.
Sealed Watertight Receiver Box
A ground-breaking sealed receiver box is another Traxxas innovation that puts the Traxxas Slash in a league of its own. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special water-tight seal. A custom blue O-ring seals the receiver box to protect the receiver from water. The receiver can be removed for service and aftermarket receivers can be installed without losing the sealing properties of the box. An aluminum antenna crimp nut looks good and holds the antenna tube securely in place. Patent pending.
Securely Mounted Electronics
The ESC, receiver, and steering servo are screwed to the chassis for ultimate mounting security. There's no servo tape to loosen over time from dirt, heat, water, and collisions.
Designed from the ground up, the Slash chassis features a 13.2" wheelbase while offering over 3.5 inches inches of ground clearance. The chassis includes drain holes and a battery tray channel for routing servo wires to the receiver. Optional electronic speed control mounting bosses are incorporated into the chassis, making it easy to upgrade to the Extreme Power of the Velineon Brushless Power System. For race track competition, a transponder mount is located under the front shock tower when every second counts.
Multi-Terrain Tires & Color-Matched Wheels
Realistic looks, realistic performance. The Dakar Slash’s tires feature a unique multi-terrain tread pattern that lets you tear up the track and trail, then transition to asphalt and concrete with excellent grip in the dirt and just the right amount of slide on pavement. The tires are securely mounted on impressive 2.2" wheels with tough five-spoke styling and eye-catching, color-matched beadlock detail.
Adjustable Steel Turnbuckles
Factory fitted, heavy-duty steel turnbuckles allow camber and toe tuning. The Slash is completely adjustable right out of the box to fine tune handling agility and high-speed performance. Captured rod ends provide unmatched durability and they simply won't pop off.
Metal Gear Magnum 272™ Transmission
The Slash's Magnum 272 transmission is assembled with all metal gear internals riding on ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings. Combined with the smooth 48-pitch gears, power is delivered to the rear wheels via durable telescoping U-joint driveshafts for maximum efficiency and articulation. The bulletproof Torque-Control slipper clutch and metal gear Magnum transmission are ready to handle any power system upgrade including the Extreme Power of the Velineon Brushless Power System.
Steel-Composite Planetary Gear Differential
The composite Traxxas planetary gear differential now features a steel ring gear with a nylon housing for long life. It uses hardened steel internal gears for maximum strength during rigorous off-road bashing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding torque to the wheels.
Revo®-spec Torque-Control™ Slipper Clutch
Advanced Revo technology is utilized to manage the massive power from the Titan 12T motor. The Torque-Control slipper clutch uses special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent traction control. The semi-metallic friction material remains stable across a wide temperature range to provide smooth, linear engagement you can count on, run after run. Spur gears can be removed and replaced without altering the slipper adjustment.
Motor Mount with Integrated Cooling Channels
The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks. The molded motor plate includes finned cooling channels where the motor mounts to the motor plate. The cooling channels work in conjunction with the internal Titan 12T motor fan to pull air through the motor for superior cooling.
Included Optional Pinion Gear
The Slash reaches its blistering 30+mph top speed on-road using the optional 23-tooth pinion gear (included) and a 7-cell 8.4V battery pack (sold separately). Out of the box, the installed 19-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, on- or off-road action.
Pro-quality, high-grade, metric hex-drive hardware is used throughout for extra strength, and easy maintenance and repair. The black-oxide rust-resistant finish provides a high tech look and feel.
Heavy-Duty Hub Carriers & Steering Blocks
The Slash features heavy-duty ball bearing front steering blocks and rear hub carriers. They utilize large 5x11mm ball bearings for long-term precision performance, smooth operation, and increased durability.
Rubber-Sealed Ball Bearings
Precision rubber-sealed bearings offer the ultimate in super low-friction performance and maximum protection in dusty environments. They are used in all exposed locations on the truck and are virtually maintenance free.
Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks™
The Slash's oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to precisely change the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive rebuild kits.
Progressive Rate Powder Coated White Springs
The race-tuned progressive rate springs soak up the small bumps as a softer spring would, but when the conditions get rough and the jumps get big, the progressive rate springs step up to the challenge by getting firmer as the suspension is compressed. The long-lasting, white powder coated finish sets the Slash apart from the pack.
High-performance bellcrank steering system minimizes bump steer to increase cornering stability.
Race Replica ProGraphix® Painted Bodies
No need for a paint or sticker session; Slash rolls out of the box ready for action with a factory-finished and mounted ProGraphix body and decals already applied for you, so its Ready-to-Race®. Traxxas Robby Gordon Dakar Slash bodies are available in orange or black race replica versions.
• Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
• The Slash reaches speeds in excess of 30mph using the included optional 23-tooth pinion gear*
• Powerful Titan® 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan
• Race in dirt, mud, water, and snow thanks to Traxxas' innovative water-sealed electronics
• NEW TQ 2.4GHz transmitter
• XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
• Innovative watersealed design
• High current handling
• Smooth high-frequency control
• EZ-Set® push-button setup
• Thermal shutdown protection
• LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
• Integrated on-off button
• Three easy-to-program drive profiles
• High efficiency MOSFET transistors
• Equipped with Traxxas High-Current Connectors
• Traxxas High-Current Connector
• Digital high-torque waterproof steering servo
• 125 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second speed
• O-ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
• Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
• Long-wheelbase fiber-composite monocoque chassis
• 13.2 inch wheelbase
• Over 3.5 inches of ground clearance
• Easy access battery compartment
• Adjustable battery hold down accepts 6- and 7-cell flat packs and 7-cell hump packs
• Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
• Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
• Body mounts incorporate reinforced washers for additional body support
• Efficient Magnum 272™ metal-gear transmission with ball bearings
• Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
• Revo®-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
• External gear cover with easy slipper access
• Reliable composite planetary gear differential with a steel ring gear
• Heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
• Adjustable steel Jato®-Style turnbuckles and captured rod ends
• Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
• Precision hex hardware throughout
• Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
• Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
• Progressive rate white powder coated shock springs feature a race-tuned responsive spring rate
• Licensed BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain™ T/A® Tires
• The tires include performance foam inserts and they come pre-glued on satin-finish 2.2" Slash wheels
• Length: 22.36 inches (568mm)
• Front Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
• Rear Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
• Weight: 76.2oz (2.16kg)
• Height (overall): 8.425 inches (214mm)
• Wheelbase: 13.2 inches (335mm)
• Front Shock Length: Long
• Rear Shock Length: XXLong
• Front Tires: 2.2" Slash Tires
• Rear Tires: 2.2" Slash Tires
• Front Wheels: 2.2" Black SCT Wheels
• Rear Wheels: 2.2" Black SCT Wheels
• Speed Control Type: Waterproof XL-5 ESC
• Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 550 (12-turn)
• Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 12.58)
• Differential Type: Steel Composite Planetary
• Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
• Transmission: Metal Gear Magnum 272™
• Steering: Bellcrank
• Chassis Type: Modified Tub
• Chassis Material: Composite Nylon
• Center Ground Clearance: 3.5 inches (89mm)
• Top Speed: 30+mph*
• Skill Level: 1
• Radio System: TQ™ 2.4GHz (2-channel)
• Included Batteries: Traxxas Power Cell Battery (NiMH, 7-C Stick)
• Required Batteries: 4 "AA" (transmitter)
XL-5 ESC Specifications:
• Input voltage: 4-8 Cells (4.8 to 9.6 volts); 2-cells (2S) LiPo (7.4 volts)
• Case Size: 1.23"W x 2.18"D x 0.61" H
• Weight: 2.44 Ounce
• Motor Limit: 15-turns** (540 Size); 12-turns** (550 Size)
• On Resistance Forward: 0.007 Ohms
• On Resistance Reverse: 0.014 Ohms
• Peak Current - Forward: 100A
• Peak Current - Reverse: 60A
• Braking Current: 60A
• Continuous Current: 14A
• BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
• BEC Current: 1A
• Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 5"
• Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 9"
• Transistor Type: MOSFET
• PWM Frequency: 1600 Hz
• Low Voltage Detection (LVD): 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
• Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
• Profile selection:
• Sport Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV
• Race Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV
• Training Mode: 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV
• Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
*Available in orange and black. Unable to guarantee specific body color unless purchased in person in one of our retail stores.
|Mfr Part Number||5804|
- great looking body on great truck Review by traxxas runner