You have no items in your shopping cart.
VQ Models Fly Baby ARF
50 Size All-Wood Airframe Scale Airplane
Homebuilt aircraft have long been a popular way to enter the world of full size general aviation. One of the original homebuilts is the Bower’s Fly Baby. The design is as famous in EAA home-built aircraft circles as the Cessna 152 is to general aviation pilots.
This VQ ARF’s model is inspired by a full size Fly Baby that has been flown for fun and in air shows all over the midwest! The color scheme is a scale color scheme and looks great in the air! This popular model is great for intermediate pilots looking for a fun and easy “second” airplane now that they’ve solo’d. For experienced modelers the Fly Baby is fun and easy to fly. You’ll want to fly it over and over again. VQ recognizes today’s R/C pilot wants to fly his aircraft with his favorite type of power system. This model is designed to accept two stroke, four stroke, and electric power systems. Power it any way you want! The Fly Baby is convenient, too, with it’s easy access top hatch and two-piece bolt-on wing. Easy to build, easy to transport, easy to fly. You’ll love flying the Fly Baby!
• Factory Laser Cut, Jig-Built, All Wood Construction
• Factory Covered and Finished
• Factory Painted Pilot
• Fiberglass Cowling
• Molded Dummy Engine Cylinders
• Compatible with Glow and Electric Power System
• Easy-to-remove Fuselage Top Cover
• Complete Hardware Package
• Wingspan: 1618mm - 63.7in
• Wing Area: 43.55sq.dm - 675sq.in.
• Wing Loading: 73.9g/dm.sq. - 23.9oz/sq.in. (Will Vary with Equipment Used)
• Length: 1168mm - 46in
• RTF Minimum Weight: 3.18Kg - 7lbs (Will Vary with Equipment Used)
• Radio: 4 channels - 4 (3 if EP) standard servos and 2 mini servos
• Engine: 46 Two Stroke, 52 Four Stroke (Sold Separately)
• Motor: G-46 HP Motor, 5 cell 4500mAh, 13x6 propeller (Sold Separately)
• Functions: Ailerons/Elevator/Rudder/Throttle
• Four Stroke: Magnum 52 RFS (with 12x6 Propeller)
• Two Stroke: Magnum 46XLS (with 11x6 Propeller)
• Electric: HP-MTR G-46 Power System (Motor, ESC, and Battery) with 13x6 Propeller
• 5 Channel Minimum Radio (This airplane features separate aileron servos and elevator servos)
• Airtronics Aquila 6 is Recommended.
• 5 Standard Servos for Glow, 4 Standard Servos for Electric. We recommend Airtronics 94835 and 94813 Servos. If using a 5 channel radio, Y-harnesses will be required.
*Note: This is an ARF and does require assembly. Standard hobby tools and glue will be required. Recommended items are not included and sold separately.