VQ Models Maracana ARF
46 Size Low Wing Tricycle Gear All-Wood Airframe Airplane
Pure Model Airplane, Any Way You Want It.
Some models are just easy - easy to fly, easy to assemble, easy to set up. The Maracana 46 is just that - Easy. This is a pilot’s airplane, designed for pure joy, pure fun, and pure model airplane flying. With a low wing with constant chord, the Maracana just wants to fly and is the ultimate in a forgiving low-wing plan form. The trike gear makes landings and takeoffs easy for the student pilot. Veteran pilots are going to enjoy putting the Maracana through its paces. The low wing, long tail, semi-symmetrical setup flies better in wind than high-wing trainers, yet gives low-speed performance all pilots enjoy.
Power it any way you want. 46 two-stroke, 52 four-stroke or 5S Lipo/Brushless, the mounts and access are all there. LiPo batteries have top access through the fuselage. There’s no cowl, so there’s no cutting, no air-flow problems, no hassles. Assembly is no-hassle too. The all-wood airframe is factory laser-cut and jig-built, with factory covering for a straight, true, and reliable airframe ready to provide you with hundreds of reliable flights. Even the pilot, canopy, and instrument panel are all installed. Typical wood-ARF assembly and equipment installation is required.
• Factory Laser-Cut, Jig-Built, All-Wood Construction
• Factory Covered and Finished
• Installed Canopy
• Installed Pilot
• Tricycle Gear
• Compatible with Glow and Electric Power System
• Complete Hardware Package
• Wingspan: 1530mm - 60.24in
• Wing Area: 42.77sq.dm - 662.94sq.in.
• Wing Loading (Minimum): 30.4 g/dm.sq. - 9.96oz/sq.in. (Will Vary with Equipment Used)
• Length: 1140mm - 44.9in
• Bare Airframe Weight: 1.3Kg - 2.86lbs
• RTF Minimum Weight: 2.3Kg - 5.07lbs (Will Vary with Equipment Used)
• Radio: 4 channels - 5 standard size servos for glow (two aileron), 4 for EP.
• Engine: 46 Two-Stroke, 52 Four-Stroke (Sold Separately)
• Motor: G-46 HP Motor, 5-cell 4500mAh, 12x8 propeller (Sold Separately)
• Four Stroke: Magnum XL 52 RFS (with 12x6 Propeller) or:
• Two Stroke: Magnum XLS 46 (with 11x6 Propeller) or:
• Electric: HP-MTR G-46 Power System (Motor, ESC, and Battery)
• 4-Channel Minimum Radio (This airplane features separate aileron servos which can be used as flaperons with higher-function 6-channel computer radios) Airtronics Aquila 6 is Recommended.
• 5 Standard Servos for Glow, 4 Standard Servos for Electric. We recommend Airtronics 94835 Servos.
*Note: This is an ARF and does require assembly. Standard hobby tools and glue will be required. Recommended items are not included and sold separately.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
|Mfr Part Number||VQA085|
- Great Flier Review by Bob
- Maracana Review by Panhndl
The plane goes together very easily and requires no special skills to assemble. If you can put together any ARF then you can put this one together. The hardware is acceptable and i only replaced some phillips head screws with hex heads because I prefer them over the phillips type. With a power system like the 46 sized system recommended this plane is very powerful and has plenty of vertical with a 13x8 prop. On landings, the plane floats a little more than I prefer. It just never wants to stop flying. My all up weight is right around 5.5 lbs.
If I have a complaint, it is with the covering. Unlike most film coverings that are heat shrink and heat activated glue, this covering is some type of adhesive backed film that does not appear to shrink when heated. Most of the covering is fine but there are a couple places the covering could stand to be tightened up. Also, i am concerned that when it is 100 degrees outside, the covering might stretch and I'll have no way to tighten it. I did poke a small hole on the bottom of the elevator when I hit a weed off the runway. Since i didn't want to put heat on the film to cover the hole with iron on film, I just used some clear packing tape. It seems to be holding well, but it isn't my favorite solution to this type of problem.
My preference for a more traditional covering material is the only reason I did not award it 5 stars, but to someone else, this film may be more preferred. This is a fantastic plane especially for the money. I may buy a second to just have ready for when I wreck the other during a competition.
It would make a good first low wing trainer. (Posted on 4/2/14)