VQ Models P-51B Mustang "Tuskegee" ARF
46-Size WWII All-Wood Airframe Scale R/C Airplane
Historically Significant, Beautifully Modeled.
The P-51 Mustang is one of the most famous US fighters of WWII. The P-51B Mustang was the first Merlin-engine version and appeared in 1943. The Merlin-powered Mustangs were exactly what the Allied bombers in Europe desperately needed, and they became famous for their long range and potent high-altitude escort capability.
This Tuskegee-inspired model of the P-51B/C model is a great-flying and great-looking model. The Red-Tail color scheme is captured here in this VQ ARF. You’ll find the airplane easy to fly and equally easy to finish with its standard ARF assembly and construction. This model is factory built and finished including hardware and even a painted pilot. The model includes a fixed landing gear, and optional retractable landing gear is available.
VQ recognizes today’s R/C pilot wants to fly their aircraft with their favorite type of power system. This model is designed to accept two-stroke, four-stroke, and with some modification, can be flown with an electric power system. Power it any way you want!
• Factory Laser-Cut, Jig-Built, All-Wood Construction
• Factory Covered and Finished
• Installed Canopy
• Installed Pilot
• Fiberglass Cowl
• Compatible with Glow and Electric Power System
• Complete Hardware Package
• Wingspan: 62.2in
• Wing Area: 630sq.in.
• Wing Loading: 25.6oz/sq.in. (Will Vary with Equipment Used)
• Length: 46.8in
• RTF Minimum Weight: 7lbs (Will Vary with Equipment Used)
• Radio: 5 channels - 5 (4 if EP) standard servos
• Engine: 46 Two-Stroke, 70-Four Stroke (Sold Separately)
• Motor: G-46 HP Motor, 5 cell 4500mAh, 13x8 propeller (Sold Separately)
• Functions: Ailerons/Elevator/Rudder/Throttle
• Four Stroke: Magnum 70 RFS (with 13x6 Propeller) or:
• Two Stroke: Magnum XLS 46 (with 11x6 Propeller) or:
• Electric: HP-MTR G-46 Power System (Motor, ESC, and Battery) with 13x8 Propeller
• 5 Channel Minimum Radio (This airplane features separate aileron servos) Airtronics Aquila 6 is Recommended.
• 5 Standard Servos for Glow, 4 Standard Servos for Electric. We recommend Airtronics 94835 Servos. If using a 5-channel radio, Y-harnesses will be required. Optional Electric Retracts: VQARE03
*Note: This is an ARF and does require assembly. Standard hobby tools and glue will be required. Recommended items are not included and sold separately.
|Mfr Part Number||VQA05|
- Beautiful plane Review by Jwjr404
I drove 1+ hour to the new Nor Cal store (great staff, very nice store) to see this plane. One look was all it took! I drove home with it and the retracts. Great product, Great price, and did I say great staff. (Posted on 11/18/15)
- Great 40 sized plane at a great price! Review by OL55
- Awesome flying and great color scheme Review by Geneo
- Great Flyer - correction Review by JR
- Well built plane Review by Jr
- Excellent flyer Review by CamL
(Posted on 3/11/14)
- GREAT Review by GETME2
- Great flying plane Review by JudgRex
- great plane Review by rcfliersprintdriver43
- I like to fly it. Review by Barnstormer
Very good flier but not for the novice. Requires very good rudder and elevator management on take off and landing.
Engine installation instructions not the best, I installed the engine with the cylinder vertical.
(Posted on 10/11/13)